What's new

Undervolting Boost Performance by 20% reduce heat and noise

nipponham

This is normal, I don't know what causes it but instead I use Throttlestop, although that only can underfoot the core not the cache & gpu it does not however reboot like XTU. I have gotten a stable underfoot of -92mV. So give it a try, its free anyways :)
Cheers for the recommendation, I will check it out. Any results, (good or bad) to report of?

bender

-75mV works fine in stresstest, but reboots on standby with every setting except factory! What is the problem?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
-75mV works fine in stresstest, but reboots on standby with every setting except factory! What is the problem?
My educated guess is that under normal circumstances the voltage is dropped by some amount on standby. Adding your -75 value to that takes it into a nonoperational range. Works as designed.

bender

Ya, this is the normal behavior... but where I can set the sleep/standby voltage? And how some people run it that way?

DaSchnee

can somebody explain how to undervolt with Trottlestop? I installed it a couple of weeks ago but find it very confusing to use.