What's new

Unlimited OneDrive space

Kris

Anyone manage to get unlimited OneDrive space?
https://blog.onedrive.com/office-365-onedrive-unlimited-storage/
Set this up and was wondering how long I would have to wait for it to kick in. With this not working I might switch to a different service, heard you can upload music to Google Drive and listen to it through Google music without it being on your phone. Already had Office 2013 so the Office 365 isn't a huge advantage.

benjitek

...Anyone manage to get unlimited OneDrive space?... ...Already had Office 2013 so the Office 365 isn't a huge advantage...
Works just as the link you provided described. If you prefer another service, have at it. I like that for the same price as DropBox Pro, which comes with a terabyte of storage, I also get the most up-to-date versions of Office >and< unlimited storage.

OP
K

Kris

How long did it take you to get unlimited space? I am still stuck at one TB. The 20k file limit is also a huge deal. I have around 30k pictures of family and kids I wanted to save, well under 1TB, but Onedrive won't support over 20k files. A friend also told me that Google drive is 10 times faster, don't know if its true but do know Onedrive works at a snails pace. Just trying to judge what would work best for me. Was in love with the integration of Onedrive with Windows, but Windows 10 took away the best feature and found a way of integrating Google drive into the network tree.

lparsons21

Mine went from 1Tb to 10Tb pretty soon after they started the 'unlimited' space. Got an email that said I could get more just by asking.

benjitek

Mine went from 1Tb to 10Tb pretty soon after they started the 'unlimited' space. Got an email that said I could get more just by asking.
You actually don't have to ask, it's automatic -- if you approach whatever displays as your 'limit', more is automatically added...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long did it take you to get unlimited space? I am still stuck at one TB. The 20k file limit is also a huge deal. I have around 30k pictures of family and kids I wanted to save, well under 1TB, but Onedrive won't support over 20k files. A friend also told me that Google drive is 10 times faster, don't know if its true but do know Onedrive works at a snails pace. Just trying to judge what would work best for me. Was in love with the integration of Onedrive with Windows, but Windows 10 took away the best feature and found a way of integrating Google drive into the network tree.

Do you need continual access to specific photo's or is this more for internet backup? you could always just turn them into rar files. having a file limit with unlimited storage seems a little contradictory.

OP
K

Kris

If you prefer Google Drive, then you've found your solution -- though it doesn't seem as though you've actually spent much time with OneDrive...

https://www.google.com/search?q=fil...4.4738j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
I prefer OneDrive. Love it and have been using it for a while, was looking into starting to use it hardcore but I go way over the file number cap, Also was wondering why I was still showing only 1tb of available space when I signed up for the unlimited. If I use Google Drive I have to go jump through a bunch of hoops to get the integration that OneDrive automatically gives, plus pay more money... I want to use Onedrive but if I can't get my unlimited space and have to stay limited to a 20k file limit I might have to look at other options.

OP
K

Kris

Do you need continual access to specific photo's or is this more for internet backup? you could always just turn them into rar files. having a file limit with unlimited storage seems a little contradictory.
I feel like a complete idiot that is a great idea....

malberttoo

Works just as the link you provided described. If you prefer another service, have at it. I like that for the same price as DropBox Pro, which comes with a terabyte of storage, I also get the most up-to-date versions of Office >and< unlimited storage.

As someone who has been considering lately the switch to DB Pro, this is an excellent point.