What's new

Upgraded with no issues

tuchas

So, my wife wanted a Surface Pro 3. I asked her if I could give her mine so I could get the i7/512 and she was cool with that. I needed the extra space and more horsepower for development. Could have waited until the SP4 but so be it.

Anyway, happy to report that after installing all updates and software, this thing works fine. It's a little warmer but not much, and the fan comes on about as frequently as my i5. But for the tasks I use it for, there is a big difference in performance. Not so much with simple things like Office, but for coding, Photoshop and a few other things, it's perfect. My SP3 is now the ultimate workstation - desktop, laptop and tablet. No question in my mind this is the best computer on the market.

malberttoo

So, my wife wanted a Surface Pro 3. I asked her if I could give her mine so I could get the i7/512 and she was cool with that. I needed the extra space and more horsepower for development. Could have waited until the SP4 but so be it.

Anyway, happy to report that after installing all updates and software, this thing works fine. It's a little warmer but not much, and the fan comes on about as frequently as my i5. But for the tasks I use it for, there is a big difference in performance. Not so much with simple things like Office, but for coding, Photoshop and a few other things, it's perfect. My SP3 is now the ultimate workstation - desktop, laptop and tablet. No question in my mind this is the best computer on the market.

Awesome! An inspiration for us all! :D

My wife is getting an XPS 13 as soon as the tax return money show up in a week...