What's new

Urban Armor case question

toaf

anyone know if the keyboard can be flipped over so it's under the case? i have yet to see or hear anything about it. thanks.

jedge

Nope.
I use this case everyday. It was a reject when my company bought a bunch of Surfaces for production. Eventually they settled on the Otterbox case, because it protects the keyboard too... plus it was compatible with the stand up dock which we used at the time.

The Urban Armor case is my favorite because it can hold the pen very well, but otherwise it's just ok. The stand in back is kinda flimsy. It's heavy too. And doesn't protect the screen at all but that's typical. For the price i'd still recommend it over the Otterbox and the other cases we tested. But frankly, I haven't found a protective case yet that I really love.

awwshoot

The urban armor case was also one of our first cases we tried, As Jedge commented, it does add extra weight and the Kickstand isn't as nice. 2 more issues were that you can not access the Micro SD slot once the case is on and the case is actually a little slippery.

We decided to go with the Kensington BlackBelt. Doesn't add that much weight and comes with a rubber flap to slide you hand into for secure holding while carrying and writing in Portrait mode. It does not cover the screen and the back around the kick stand is not protected since it was designed to allow use of the Surface Kickstand. This also frees up access to the micro SD port.

As far as protection goes, I watched a doctor knock one over off of a table. Drop was 4' to "Carpeted" Concrete floor. Zero issues other than I believe I turned white when I saw it heading off the desk knowing I was too far away to catch it! LOL