What's new

Urban Armor Gear Surface Pro 2 case announced

Zkyevolved

Capture.PNG

I got this email today from UAG, and I can't wait :) I wrote them an email to see if the case allows the keyboard to be folded back. If anyone is interested I can post back what they say. I'm fairly excited for the case, to be honest.

Kind regards!

UPDATE: I received my first communication from them:
Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately our case is not designed for you to fold back the keyboard with the case on. You would have to detach the keyboard in order to use the device as a tablet.

Have a great week!

I asked, just to confirm, that you can close the keyboard on its face. I see there is some lip. When I get the next response about that I'll update this post again.

Update 2:

The same person wrote me back, yay. What fast responses, I wish I could say the same for Incipio. It takes them so many days to answer back. arg. Anyways, this was the response:

You can definitely close the Surface Pro 2 with the keyboard attached to it. In fact, I've attached an image of what it would look like. Here is an image of my Surface Pro 2 with the UAG case on. My purple keyboard is held on by the triangular clips on the UAG case. This ensures the keyboard won't open up while you're moving your device. I love it! I hope this helps.

Have a great week!

And here is the image attached.
Surface Pro 2.jpg

71Z2gQPE6QL._AA1500_.jpg81+GyYdP5cL._AA1500_.jpg81rWgl9dxZL._AA1500_.jpg81WaX9k68bL._AA1500_.jpg81z8rlKDRRL._AA1500_.jpg91-2zSNruvL._AA1500_.jpg91BSCncmdJL._AA1500_.jpg91ePKW0RM0L._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited:

mennogreg

Are they sending those fresh graduates off to war?

I'm definitely interested in this. Also would like to hear if the Power Cover to fold back. Likely not, as it looks little too thick along the bottom.

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

I know. It's not there yet. But that's the email I got. I also mentioned to them that it wasn't showing up on their website. Let's see what they say, and I'll post back if I get a return.

benjitek

Looks like it completely covers the integrated kickstand to use one of it's own. If that's it, lazily designed :-(

CrippsCorner

Looks good if that's what you're after. We used to use the Panasonic Toughbooks when I worked at Renault, they were quite good :) touchscreen before Windows 8 though!

CrippsCorner

Most interesting aspect for me is... This ensures the keyboard won't open up while you're moving your device. Sounds good! :)

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

Most interesting aspect for me is... This ensures the keyboard won't open up while you're moving your device. Sounds good! :)

Indeed, it does sound good. I wonder how heat dissipation is with the case on. It looks rather thick. Let's see when it comes out. Hopefully they'll put out more pictures this Sunday when they release the case.