What's new

Using 2 laptops

gman713

I was curious if anyone owning the SP2 15" uses only that system or do you own another more portable system as your daily driver? I currently only use the 15" SB2. If you do have 2 systems, what else do you use?

wynand32

I just use the SB2 15". However, if I had the money, I'd very seriously consider getting an HP Spectre x360 13 -- that's a great little system that's very easy to carry around.

OP
G

gman713

I had a friend who just bought that system and loves it. I noticed that Best Buy has the Lenovo yoga 720 for $730 and it comes with thunderbolt 3. I'm not sure if it is 4 Lane but I think it works with an external gpu. It's tempting to have a slim portable system to compliment my SB 2 but I think my 15" isn't too big to drag around.

BubbaUK

I just use the SB2 15". However, if I had the money, I'd very seriously consider getting an HP Spectre x360 13 -- that's a great little system that's very easy to carry around.
Precisely what I replaced my defunct Surface Brick with - it's a bit clunky in tablet mode compared to undocking the Surface Brick, & the pen (part of the price, along with a nice slip case) not quite so good for sketching, but it's generally a much better travel companion than the SB. It's even relatively "clean" as a system, with only McAffee trialware and some HP service software cluttering it up.

Orlbuckeye

I was curious if anyone owning the SP2 15" uses only that system or do you own another more portable system as your daily driver? I currently only use the 15" SB2. If you do have 2 systems, what else do you use?
I have a SB1 that I haven't turned on since purchasing my SB2. I also have an Alienware 18 which since I got my SB1 hasn't moved from my desk.

Afy

I use a XPS15, SP4, SB2 and a Thunkpad.. the only machine I avoid using is the Lenovo. Can't stand the machine.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Theoretically: I might, if I had a SB2 15" get an HP Envy X2 WoA device or wistfully the Surface 4 WoA unannounced, unofficial, NOT coming in July with a Snapdragon 845. This is NOT a rumor, just pure fantasy. :D

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a XPS15, SP4, SB2 and a Thunkpad.. the only machine I avoid using is the Lenovo. Can't stand the machine.
Yeah - no kidding on the LeNOGO PC's - I am an IT Guru for a company after they purchased a stockpile of Lenovo Laptops. They are good for grandmothers, Facebook and door-stops. Not much good for multi-anything.

Afy

Yeah - no kidding on the LeNOGO PC's - I am an IT Guru for a company after they purchased a stockpile of Lenovo Laptops. They are good for grandmothers, Facebook and door-stops. Not much good for multi-anything.
Especially when loaded up with crap like McAfee, the biggest memory and processor hog ever.

Search tags for this page

azs

best cameras
news

Members online

No members online now.