What's new

Using double-click on pen for screen shot - how to get JPG?

DianeK

I am able to double click the back of my SP3 pen to get the screen shot option. It takes it right into One Note, which might be fine much of the time. But, is there a way to get this to simply save as a JPG without going into One Note? I like to snip a few sentences when I'm reading and upload to Facebook and Twitter, with a link to the book, for example. Or, I just might want to share in FB something else that I grab on screen. What are my options, with as few clicks as possible?

ctitanic

Well, my workaround is once I have it in OneNote desktop version I lunch Snipping tool and create a new capture that I can save as JPG.

OP
D

DianeK

Thanks. I had a feeling it would involve snip. I suppose I could use snip right out of the shoot. But, I'll need to learn how to set up a hot-key for it or something. I wish I could pin snip to the corner of any page I'm on so I can just launch and use it. Maybe there is a way.

OP
D

DianeK

argh! I'm in One Note with what I want in JPG and there does not seem to be a way to launch Snipping Tool. One note takes up the whole screen and there is no way to bring up task bar, unless there is a hot key I'm unaware of.

jedge

How To: Create A Keyboard Shortcut For Snipping Tool In Windows 7

Or just take a screenshot then crop it later:

Method 1: Press and hold the Windows button, and press down on the lower volume button on the side of your Surface. Your screen will dim a little for a moment when you do this. (this saves to \Pictures\Screenshots)
Method 2: On the keyboard, press Fn + Win + SpaceBar. (this also saves to \Pictures\Screenshots)
Method 3: Swipe left to open Charms -> Share. Click the tiny down arrow and tap "Screenshot". (this will further prompt you where you want to share it to, i.e. mail, paint, facebook, etc..)