What's new

Very frequent issues after Fall Creator's Update /w dock

Milka

Not waking from sleep, BSOD's, network connectivity dropouts... Several times a week since the Fall Creator's Update. I've got the newer Dock, have run the dock updater tool...

Anyone else experiencing this sort of behaviour? My SP2017 had been close to flawless pre Fall Creator's Update. Thinking of rolling back at this point as this is impacting my work too much.

lnwj

My dock won't remember my monitor preferences on reboot. When I open the Start menu with the keyboard off, the onscreen keyboard pops up. Gaming performance is worse compared to pre update. I'm probably going to full reset.

OP
M

Milka

My dock won't remember my monitor preferences on reboot. When I open the Start menu with the keyboard off, the onscreen keyboard pops up. Gaming performance is worse compared to pre update. I'm probably going to full reset.

Before you hard reset make sure you've run the latest dock update - Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.7.136.0. I had some monitor problems a while back but they've gone away with the latest update.

Exhile

When the screen turns off after a set duration, sometimes the windows on my 2 connected monitors get pushed to the Surface Pro 4 screen. The "dock disconnect sound" plays as if the dock & the monitors were being disconnected which is not the case. I've never had this problem prior to Fall Creators Update.

SteveL

My Surface Pro i7 8/256 and MS Dock are practically worthless now. I had used them since last July to edit photos while on the road. Two days ago I noticed my Dock file transfer speed from the internal SSD to an external Western Digital Black 7200RPM 3.5" drive starts out at the typical 100-130MB/s but almost immediately falls to 60-150kB/s! I spent two days trying to increase the performance with no avail. If I plug the external WD into the USB on the side of the screen it runs at the typical 100-130MB/s. MS suggested checking the Dock firmware. I needed and upgrade and did that. The performance was slightly worse. Now I am not sure if the recent update killed my Dock or if one of the several updates in the last two months was the cause. I also notice that I am having to click the left mouse button several times to get an action in Explorer, IE, Office 365, and other apps. I wish there was a cursor like the old hour glass to see that a click had taken. I have no feedback most of the time and wind up sitting for 10-30 seconds wondering if an app is launching. My Surface Pro was my favorite computer but it is rapidly becoming paper weight. I and trying to figure out how to go back to the software load that it came with and just scrap the Dock. Oh, and that recent disk problem was found because I wanted to make a backup so that I could send my Surface in for screen repair. A 1-2mm fuzzy white spot appeared near the center of the screen and was slowly growing. I'm not liking the updates.
Happy Trails