What's new

VHD stayed after fresh install?!?

Kris

Active Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2014
Messages
644
Points
28
My Device
SPro3
So, my SP3 was starting to majorly slow down on boot-ups and running programs. So I did a fresh install, removed my SD card while doing it. placed the SD card back in and decided to just try and see if OneDrive would save to it before I reset up the VHD. It did without a problem... No issues at all.
Just because I like to know how things work could anyone explain why? I originally had to go through a lot of steps to make it work, figured I would have to do it all over again. I completely formatted the hard drive and did a new install with the SD card removed, actually accidentally installed Windows 8.1 and had to format again and install Windows 10. I did not do any type of restore.
Very happy but also very confused.
 
This is going to be a total WAG, but it's possible the settings came back from OneDrive. You should have noticed some other things get synced back too.
 
Id agree, settings likely synced back from your Microsoft Account in the cloud.
 
I guess that could explain it, I got nothing else. Pretty cool though. Thanks for the responses, to my totally unimportant inquiry.
 
Back
Top