What's new

Voice Recording App

Trinhsetta

Hi all,

I am looking for a Voice Recording App that I can use with OneNote Metro. Now I know that the OneNote desktop version has voice recorder but i like the UI for the metro app better. With that being said, I have tried a few voice recording apps on the windows store but every time I switch screens, the app stops recording.

So if anyone has any good recommendations, please share!

Thanks

ctitanic

and what's wrong with using the voice recording from OneNote desktop and the OneNote metro at the same time.

OP
T

Trinhsetta

I did that once and my OneNote Metro crashed and both the OneNote desktop and OneNote Metro crashed and I lost all the notes I had taken for that class.

ctitanic

and what's wrong with using the voice recording from OneNote desktop and the OneNote metro at the same time.
I just tested it and it works fine. You can record on the desktop version and keep writing your notes in the MUI version.

ctitanic

I did that once and my OneNote Metro crashed and both the OneNote desktop and OneNote Metro crashed and I lost all the notes I had taken for that class.
Try creating two different notebooks on that way neither of the two versions will fight each other during the synchronization.

ctitanic

Also, look for Audacity, a freeware that will allow your to record while you are using other Apps. You can attach later the recording to OneNote.

OP
T

Trinhsetta

I just tested it and it works fine. You can record on the desktop version and keep writing your notes in the MUI version.

Well i know that it worked because it worked for me. But an hour into the class, both apps crashed on me.
I guess I can try it again.