What's new

Waiting for SP3...

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moon, I think we need to have a celebration when you get your Surface. Your agony is killing me :)
LOL, That's the problem with being an early adopter but living in a country which gets the device months later than where it's released.... still I'm hopeful that UK surfaces will ship with some of the fixes already applied to early-early adopter problems... but I could be wrong!

If you can't shut me up now, just wait until I've got one to blab about!

kristalsoldier

LOL, That's the problem with being an early adopter but living in a country which gets the device months later than where it's released.... still I'm hopeful that UK surfaces will ship with some of the fixes already applied to early-early adopter problems... but I could be wrong!

If you can't shut me up now, just wait until I've got one to blab about!

Well, there are really no issues plaguing the SP3 as far as I can tell. If anything there are software issues, which have been progressively updated since release day. So, when you open your box the only thing that you will have to do is to apply the updates. Personally, I have not experienced any issues since I bought the SP3 on release day. Oh...and I am currently located in the UK though I bought my SP3 overseas (in Canada, to be precise).

Here is wishing you the very best for when you receive your device! I am sure you will have a blast of a time with it!

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, there are really no issues plaguing the SP3 as far as I can tell. If anything there are software issues, which have been progressively updated since release day. So, when you open your box the only thing that you will have to do is to apply the updates. Personally, I have not experienced any issues since I bought the SP3 on release day. Oh...and I am currently located in the UK though I bought my SP3 overseas (in Canada, to be precise).

Here is wishing you the very best for when you receive your device! I am sure you will have a blast of a time with it!

I sure hope I will. I have a week away the week after I should receive the device and it's the perfect time to test it out for my intended purposes. Can't wait. Hope it lives up to expectations!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sure hope I will. I have a week away the week after I should receive the device and it's the perfect time to test it out for my intended purposes. Can't wait. Hope it lives up to expectations!
open it very carefully over a foam cushioned surface so you don't break it before you get to use it. :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, just so you know... the Top has Surface Pro 3 in big letters. The bottom has a bunch of writing on it. With the box face up, by the time you slide the white part out two inches you should clearly see the edge of the unit and you have another 12 inches before the inside box clears the outer box. HTH :)

a bit of reboxing... Box closed, 2 inches open, halfway open.
WIN_20140820_123639.JPG
WIN_20140820_123959.JPG
WIN_20140820_124104.JPG

Last edited:

malberttoo

Notice the box- flat, on a cushy surface of some kind. Remember that when yours comes, and not have to experience the nightmare of the poor fellow in the other thread, whose SP3 slipped right out of the box sideways and cracked upon hitting the floor...:(

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Notice the box- flat, on a cushy surface of some kind. Remember that when yours comes, and not have to experience the nightmare of the poor fellow in the other thread, whose SP3 slipped right out of the box sideways and cracked upon hitting the floor...:(
Yep that's what sparked this discussion... nightmare for the poor guy!