I mentioned this in another post, but I don't find the Tegra underpowered if gaming is not your primary purpose. Here is the level of multitasking I was doing -
- using the RT browser with 4 tabs open (one of them to write this message)
- using the desktop browser to run a flash player of my favorite radio station
- Skype is open where I am taking calls and messaging people from work
- email app is open where I am doing both work and personal email (2 accounts)
- calendar app is open and have scheduled two meetings
- Word is open in desktop mode where I am working on a document
- task manager is open to check on utilization
I am getting all my notifications - Email, Skype, and from the calendar. Utilization ranges from 20+% with spikes up to 80%. No noticeable lag or anything that has made things unproductive. Combined with the stand and the type keyboard, the Surface is fully useable for me as a laptop replacement when travelling.
I don't know any other tablet that can multitask to this level, as well as take advantage of flash and Microsoft Office.
The only time I have seen performance issues is on graphic heavy games, and even then it was manageable.