1) Swipe works very well - cool. However it does not work with the pen which it probably needs to.
2) The key press sounds are unreliable and I only hear them half the time which is confusing.
3) Spellcheck seems about as good as the stock KB. Amazing to me that a company the size of M$ can't get spellcheck right. I can type with my elbows on my iPad and it gets pretty much every word right.
1. Fix Windows Backup
2. Add custom finger touch commands/macros
3. Make operating system, including desktop mode, more touch compliant/accessible
4. Add good multimedia tablet mode apps for book reading/video/photo/audio
5. Improve performance of storage pools
6. Option to make removable drives appear permanent to the operating system
7. Make tiles more user accessible for info pass-through from desktop apps
This isn't a software improvement but I have a question. Was the guy who designed the kickstand on the SP literally 4 feet tall? If I place it on my desk and try typing with the keyboard the screen is literally pointed at somewhere about the center of my chest! Seriously MS? To be able to look directly at the screen on my desk I either need to push it so far from me I cannot see the screen or scrunch down to the height of an 8 year old child.
Did they even focus group this at all?
Why couldn't they have built in a number of positions understanding that the Americans come in all shapes and sizes? This is yet another example of MS saying "You'll do it our way and you'll like it!"
This isn't a softwareimprovement but I have a question. Was the guy who designed the kickstand onthe SP literally 4 feet tall? If I place it on my desk and try typing with thekeyboard the screen is literally pointed at somewhere about the center of mychest! Seriously MS? To be able to look directly at the screen on my desk Ieither need to push it so far from me I cannot see the screen or scrunch downto the height of an 8 year old child.
Again - It was a tradeoff, they wanted to include thekickstand but also wanted it to survive constant opening and closing and makethe "thud" which was inspired by the Mercedes Benz doors, so what weended up on the end product was the best combination/compromise of the IronTriangle of Projects.