What's new

Where to Get a Type Cover 2?

macmee

I bought a type cover 1 to go along with my surface pro 2 because it was the only sort of cover Futureshop had.

The cover is horrible. The entire thing bounces when I press keys, and I have to pound each key very hard for it to be registered.

Microsofts website is totally sold out, anyone know where a guy can score a type cover 2 in Canada?

CrippsCorner

What surface (excuse the pun) do you have the keyboard on? I've been using mine for 5 months now and haven't experienced any bouncing like you say. Mine's always used on a solid desk though.

OP
macmee

macmee

What surface (excuse the pun) do you have the keyboard on? I've been using mine for 5 months now and haven't experienced any bouncing like you say. Mine's always used on a solid desk though.

mine is on a desk too, it seems that the case does not sit flesh with the surface it is resting on, lifting slightly as it goes towards the tablet.

oion

Sounds like a defective keyboard... I'd return or exchange it. A working Type 1 should be a perfectly good keyboard. You shouldn't have to mash the keys to register keystrokes. But as for a Type 2 in Canada, I don't know. :(

hysonmb

I bought a type cover 1 to go along with my surface pro 2 because it was the only sort of cover Futureshop had.

The cover is horrible. The entire thing bounces when I press keys, and I have to pound each key very hard for it to be registered.

Microsofts website is totally sold out, anyone know where a guy can score a type cover 2 in Canada?

I'm not sure if you'll have the same luck up there, but, they had a ton of them at the Best Buy near my house when I went out there last night.

CrippsCorner

Sounds like a defective keyboard... I'd return or exchange it. A working Type 1 should be a perfectly good keyboard. You shouldn't have to mash the keys to register keystrokes. But as for a Type 2 in Canada, I don't know. :(

Yes I agree, the keyboard is usually super smooth to type on. Take it back and try again!

squadz

In Toronto, found a local Futureshop (actually many) that have it in stock. Not online though.