What's new

Which Remote Desktop software works best?

malberttoo

I've always found TeamViewer great for person-to-person remote work.

For general remote desktop to servers always Microsoft remote desktop client. In fact, their client available in the windows store is one of the best bits of software they've put out in years.

Yeah the Microsoft RDP client is my go-to if possible. But on the SP3 it is terrible... because of the native resolution, it makes everything on the screen microscopic.

As @unruledboy pointed out, if you want to do RDP on your SP3, then get the Connection Manager from Microsoft. I have no idea how it does it, but it fixes the resolution problem and is so nice.

Also if anyone is interested in hosting their own remote access server internally... Screen Connect is the bee's knees...:D

daniielrp

If you're comfortable with Google, I've found the Chrome Remote Desktop app to work very well. It's still quite new, so doesn't have any advanced features like lmi, but it gives a fantastically simple desktop.

Jupp

Thanks for wellcoming. I'm from Germany and my english is not the best. So i often only read your forum.it's very good.

Thanks for all the hints.

Jupp

OP
Z

Zoodeem

My company uses GoToMeeting (GTM) by default, including when our tech needs to remote in to install apps on our computers. Just had a weird session where my installer was unable to properly control the mouse after controls on my desktop has been handed over. Apparently GTM has issues with both device as well as display controls.

Question- does anyone have a better remote desktop solution that can allow someone to connect to my SP3 to install some company apps? Ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I am going to give LMI a try!

ZDM