What's new

Who is pre-ordering? And which model are you pre-ordering?


Active Member
I am pre-ordering the SP2 with 256GB SSD and 8 GB of RAM. I also will get the upgraded type cover 2.

I sold my 2011 MacBook Pro to pay for most of it. My ipad 4 will go to my kids (where it belongs). ;). I will be able to play older games, yet run my data analyst programs, Scrivener, and even my fantasy world mapping software. For me, the SP2 is exactly what I have been waiting for. A true convergent device.

What is everyone else doing? Going with the Surface 2?
Several months ago while I was stilling waiting for Surface Pro 1, the announcements made today would of made me salivate and it would be extremely tempting to sell my SP1 and upgrade to the 2. But I am starting to lean toward going back to a traditional clam shell laptop as my main machine. In reality though, if I really wanted to stick to using the surface, I'd stick with the one I have now as it is doing just as good a job as the SP2 would.
I'm staying with my 128GB Pro for now. I do want the 256GB/8GB model though, but I think I'll wait when the price drops. My current Pro has too much life left in it. When I do get the newer model, my current one will go to the wife.
I am pre-ordering the SP2 with 256GB SSD and 8 GB of RAM. I also will get the upgraded type cover 2.

Exactly the same, here. 256/8 because I want/need the 8GB RAM. I would have been okay with the 128GB SSD if it was offered with 8GB RAM.

Sold my Lenovo Yoga 13 (which I had upgraded to 8GB) last week in anticipation. I thought the $700 would cover more than half the SP2 + type cover price, at the time. Ouch. Ah well, you pay what you need to pay when it's for your business (primarily - self employed so it's personal, too) and if it's the right tool for the job.

My productivity went way up when I started using this Lenovo TPT2, but it's slow at times -- real slow -- and that's a time-wasting bottleneck. So it's a sure thing that my productivity will go up again with the SP2. I've handled the SP1 in the store enough to know. As a bonus, my frustration level will also go down without the bottlenecks.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8
What're the prices looking like for respective models?

How much are you shelling out for a 256/8 model?
I'll sell them my 1st gen SP and get the 8/256. or maybe the 8/512. only 4G left on my 128...

new kickstand is big. just this morning I dragged my laptop along b/c I knew I'd have a long subway ride, where the SP wont sty on my lap.

battery life is mot welcome. wish they'd've ditched the fans and stuck even bigger battery in there.

if the type cover 2 is as thin as the current touch cover, that's beyond awesome. but if the touch cover really works now - right now misses too many letter as you can see in what I type - might spring f0r that.
I believe only the 64gb SP2 price was announced. 899$ which is more expensive than the original I believe. The 256 is going to be 1100-1200$ I would only assume.
Im tempted to pre-order the Surface 2. I'm a heavy office user and since owning the RT I've realised I really dont need the pro.. although it does look nice.
Not me. I will be looking at other manufactures 8.1 tablets though.... compare with the pro. Otherwise there is still plenty of life left in mine. I would also want to hear if wi-fi/Bluetooth/open gl issues, etc., have been resolved.... hello forums. Or if there are new issues. Time will tell.
The rumor (M.J. Foley, "All About Microsoft") was:

Surface Pro 2 will start at $899 for a 64GB version, according to the aforementioned source. There will be 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB models available at $999, $1,299 and $1,699, respectively.

The announcement confirmed the 64GB price but puts the 512GB SSD model $100 higher at $1,799. Hopefully the others didn't go up.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8