What's new

Who is pre-ordering? And which model are you pre-ordering?

mrobsession

A few months back I decided that I really wanted a Surface Pro. As I began to hear the rumors about what the SP2 was going to have, I strongly considered waiting. Ultimately I decided that although I wanted a bigger SSD and more RAM, I figured it would bump the price above what I was willing to pay for what is really a secondary PC/tablet/toy. The pricing information that has come out validates my decision. I picked up a 128GB SP1 with a type cover for $750 and couldn't be more pleased with my decision.

slvrdrgn123

My SP1 is still going great, so I'll probably wait as well =)
As much as I want the 256/8 upgrade. I think I will wait also. The SP1 is still working great and I'm really interested in a lighter form factor. Hopefully they'll be able to drop the weight on the SP3 and make it thinner. Instant buy if they can get those two for me next year.

OP
eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot

$1300 for the 256 GB SSD/8 GB RAM is steep, but I will probably still do it. I just can't imagine having that much PC in such a small form factor. Sweet. I can certainly understand the other views though. Like I said, if I had the 128 SP1, I would stick with it.

olimjj

As much as I want the 256/8 upgrade. I think I will wait also. The SP1 is still working great and I'm really interested in a lighter form factor. Hopefully they'll be able to drop the weight on the SP3 and make it thinner. Instant buy if they can get those two for me next year.

While I agree that the lighter weight and thinness are most desirable and "sexy attributes", the comparable differentials are small compared to other similar competitors, and does not diminish its other hardware features. At least not enough to make it a deal breaker. IMO

Last edited:

Rallicat

Very strongly considering selling my Surface RT, and upgrading to a Surface 2 64GB. The increased performance is going to be a big deal for me - the Surface RT wasn't slow - but it isn't always great, so the performance boost will be very welcome.

Also, the new combination of accessories looks great. I don't know that backlit keyboards that you can now (with the Bluetooth attachment) use wirelessly is necessarily a big deal for me - but it's cool!

souldier

I'm not so impressed with the Bluetooth wireless adapter. It seems too expensive and finicky. It would make a lot more sense to put the money toward a BT keyboard by Logitech or Microsoft which would be easier to type on and you wouldn't have to remove the cover

CrazyT

I'm not so impressed with the Bluetooth wireless adapter. It seems too expensive and finicky. It would make a lot more sense to put the money toward a BT keyboard by Logitech or Microsoft which would be easier to type on and you wouldn't have to remove the cover
I agree 110%! $60 for a freaking bluetooth adapater that clips onto the keyboard cover. A bluetooth keyboard is cheaper than that.

souldier

I think one reason they keep the prices high is to make the product appear premium just like what apple does. Then of course there is the need to make profit