What's new

Why no second magnetic port for the pen?

oion

Don't most shirts and or coats have pockets?

The Pro pen has a clip. Many styluses, if not the vast majority, don't even come with a CLIP. (Then some people whine about not having an internal slot in the tablet itself without stopping to think for even a moment that doing so would require the chassis to be larger AND make the pen smaller, even easier to lose.)

What I think MS should do is make the clip narrower and longer and easily slid across the keyboard hinge without causing additional stress to the fabric there. And just get rid of the fugly magnet on the pen altogether.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The Pro pen has a clip. Many styluses, if not the vast majority, don't even come with a CLIP. (Then some people whine about not having an internal slot in the tablet itself without stopping to think for even a moment that doing so would require the chassis to be larger AND make the pen smaller, even easier to lose.)

What I think MS should do is make the clip narrower and longer and easily slid across the keyboard hinge without causing additional stress to the fabric there. And just get rid of the fugly magnet on the pen altogether.

I think the magnet on the pen was chosen because it was cool and different, not because it worked. Nevertheless something secure to attach it to the SP without relying on the power port would have been a good choice.

chrisleung

Hey guys, maybe because Microsoft knows I already solved the problem with the Smart Surface Case :p

[video=youtube;CDKMKJjGbiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKMKJjGbiU[/video]

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Not that I ever use the stylus... but I have the Nixon case for travelling with and it has a small pocket in the front perfect for the stylus :)