What's new

Win 8.1: Skydrive

kristalsoldier

Hello,

I was wondering what happened to the standalone Skydrive program that was available for the desktop (this is for non-RT machines)? I have (or used to have) the Skydrive program installed and a folder on the taskbar for Skydrive. Now, when I click on the folder, noting happens. Any idea why?

Also, I believe the Fetch capability in Skydrive is no longer available. RDP is the only way out now. See here: Warning: Windows 8.1 kills SkyDrive's remote 'Fetch' feature | PCWorld

GypsyMoth

When I access SkyDrive using the Metro app under the new 8.1 I get a message indicating "To view your SkyDrive, you need to sign in to this PC with a Microsoft account."

The old SkyDrive app (under ver 8) would allow me to use a local account, and the app would allow me to sign in to SkyDrive directly.

This might be your problem too? I'm a bit upset, as I'd rather to only provide account credentials only when I actually want to use those services...

Cheers,

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

No...I have no problems with the Skydrive Modern UI app. I use it all the time. I was asking about the desktop (standalone) app that was/ is downloadable from the Skydrive site. That does not work. I am wondering if I should just uninstall it and be done with it.

I am a bit bothered about how the Fetch capability was dropped though. Maybe Jeff (jnjroach) can update/ advise on this.

Chubnut

So far, after the upgrade, the Skydive app seems to be working as it was prior to the upgrade. I've not noticed anything detrimental. I didn't have the preview before though, so not sure if you did and if that makes any difference
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

So far, after the upgrade, the Skydive app seems to be working as it was prior to the upgrade. I've not noticed anything detrimental. I didn't have the preview before though, so not sure if you did and if that makes any difference
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
Are you referring to the Modern UI app or the standalone Skydrive app that one can download from one of the MS sites? I am having a problem with the latter. Also, no I did not have any preview of 8.1 installed. I went directly from 8 GA to 8.1 GA.

Search tags for this page

quand update skydrive surface

skydrive remote fetch 8.1

skydrive windows 8.1 sign in to this pc with a microsoft account

to view your skydrive, you need to sign in to this pc with a microsoft account.

to view your skydrive, you need to sign in to this pc with the microsoft account

what happened to fetch in windows 8?

what happened to fetch on windows 8.1

what happened to file fetch in skydrive on windows 8.1

what happened to skydrive in wimdows8.1

windows 8.1 skydrive remote fetch

Members online

No members online now.