What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

This has got to be the WEIRDEST preview build I've ever encountered. Random sh*t that has been working flawlessly suddenly and for no apparent reason goes haywire. Yesterday it was the Start button that decided it didn't want to work. Today IE has decided it will crash every time I try to open it then loop endlessly unless I close it from the Task Manager.

Crazy. W10 is a LONG way from primetime. This feels almost like a pre-alpha build.

Limit

did they add the snap feature to the newest version of windows 10 preview?
Basically i want to know if it supports vertical split screen... like this:

lkTcyRH.png

RémiM

Hi guys, here are 2 new good tips with Win10:

1-new (hidden) login screen:

• Open Regedit.exe
  • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks
  • Double click on 'Threshold' and change the value to 1
  • Close Regedit.exe
  • Logout and login

2-new calendar widget:

• Open Regedit.exe
  • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell
  • Right click and select New ---> DWORD (32-bit) and call it UseWin32TrayClockExperience (exactly like this)
  • Click on the clock in the system tray

RémiM

Question: when I click on the microphone to use Cortana, I have this error message: I am sorry, speech failed to start. Try again later.

Who knows how to fix it ???

brice

Surface Pro 3 - i5 128GB - Windows 10 9926 (Clean install) with latest firmware and drivers from Windows Update.

Anyone having issues waking up from sleep ?
9 times out of 10 I can't wake up the device after it goes to sleep.
I press the power button, screen stays black, Type keyboard lights up, I do get haptic feedback if I touch the Surface Home button on the screen.

Also it keeps not connecting to my Wifi by default,
everytime I reboot I check "Connect automatically" but then it reverts back to not being checked on the next boot.

Didn't have those issues with build 9879

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surface Pro 3 - i5 128GB - Windows 10 9926 (Clean install) with latest firmware and drivers from Windows Update.

Anyone having issues waking up from sleep ?
9 times out of 10 I can't wake up the device after it goes to sleep.
I press the power button, screen stays black, Type keyboard lights up, I do get haptic feedback if I touch the Surface Home button on the screen.

Also it keeps not connecting to my Wifi by default,
everytime I reboot I check "Connect automatically" but then it reverts back to not being checked on the next boot.

Didn't have those issues with build 9879

Yup, i and others have the resume from sleep issue. 9926 has created a whole plethora of big issues not present in 9879

B

B'midbar

Anybody having problems on 9926 with losing bluetooth connectivity to a keyboard and mouse? Have had it happen to me four times today with no recovery except to reboot.

ScottyS

You are welcome.

Is the Bing website working for you with the latest Intel driver (the one embedded with the 9926 ) ? Here, it crashes my IE down exactly like youtube does.
I am using the Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver dated 8/5/2014 ver. 10.18.10.3907.
I enabled Enable Experimental Web Platform Features on about:flags but left Custom User Agent disabled because I don't know what is meant by enter custom user string.
Bing and all websites work and youtube videos work.

I'm having the problems with autorotate, which I don't think are related to these things

mitchellvii

I am using the Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver dated 8/5/2014 ver. 10.18.10.3907.
I enabled Enable Experimental Web Platform Features on about:flags but left Custom User Agent disabled because I don't know what is meant by enter custom user string.
Bing and all websites work and youtube videos work.

I'm having the problems with autorotate, which I don't think are related to these things

I think autorotate is off by default in display settings. Lord knows why. Maybe check that?

mitchellvii

Well I've turned off SSD indexing, compacted SSD, set Battery to balanced and running Intel Drivers for video. So far rig is running close to silent.

Still can't get IE to launch though. Launches then immediate crash message. Ideas?

Funny how every person seems to have a unique thing that is broken on their rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.