What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wditters

Good thought, wditters.

Rotation works every time for me, but I wonder if it is because I went to the Screen Resolution dialog, toggled off the option "Allow the screen to auto-rotate", Apply, then toggled it back on, and Apply again. Try that.

View attachment 3897

Alas if it only were that simple. That option appears and disappears at the exact same times that rotation works/stops working.. It really feels like somehow the hardware sometimes is not picked up at boot. Reverting to W8.1 also reverts to rotation being 100% reliable... Strange...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
What Display is showing when it appears or disappears? Mobile PC Display (as in the screenshot I posted above)?

Clovismod

Are these options new in W10?

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-4_19-27-35.png
    upload_2014-10-4_19-27-35.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 443
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Are these options new in W10?

That is not new - it is the "Share" options. These options are available on the keyboard (F6 key) and Charms (second from top), and are in the context of the Window or app with focus when Share is invoked.

wditters

What Display is showing when it appears or disappears? Mobile PC Display (as in the screenshot I posted above)?

Exactly.. The "allow screen to etc" also is missing whenever auto-rotation is not working... And it reappears when auto-rotation starts working again... For me that spells a flaky sensor driver...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to use Windows Update. A hardware driver update was installed on my machine yesterday (Friday, October 3). Maybe that was included...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I upgraded as well, as recommended.. And when I revert to the original w8.1 the rotation behaviour is back to normal :-s
Were you using the updated Intel Driver prior to upgrade? Sorry, my last post came across as Snarky, that wasn't intended, I'm just attempting to narrow the difference. Also, I had one issue with the DisplayLink Driver after the upgrade, I was able to uninstall it but should have done it prior, I know better from the Windows 7 and Windows 8 Betas had the same issue.

wditters

Were you using the updated Intel Driver prior to upgrade? Sorry, my last post came across as Sparky, that wasn't intended, I'm just attempting to narrow the difference. Also, I had one issue with the DisplayLink Driver after the upgrade, I was able to uninstall it but should have done it prior, I know better from the Windows 7 and Windows 8 Betas had the same issue.

No worries, I didn't take it as sparky. I Did use the updated Intel driver but Windows Update removed it via the September hardware update and brought it back to the supported version. Behaviour occurs with both the standard MS driver and the retail Intel driver.. I have no Displaylink software installed

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No worries, I didn't take it as sparky. I Did use the updated Intel driver but Windows Update removed it via the September hardware update and brought it back to the supported version. Behaviour occurs with both the standard MS driver and the retail Intel driver.. I have no Displaylink software installed

Antivirus? Specialty Hardware installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.