What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wditters

What happens if you remove those sensors from Device Manager and reboot?

That was going to be my next step so I am currently checking in the devices list which sensor(s) exactly are handling the screen rotation :)

Last edited:

ctitanic

I just read an article claiming that Wifi issues are fixed. To me is the result of a "refresh" while installing W10. So the question is, can anyone post the Wifi Driver version on W10?
I'm answering my own question.
It's using exactly the same driver version in Windows 8.1. I really don't believe that Connected Standby in W10 is more mature. I do believe that now your SP has not been in anyway tweaked by MS to achieve more battery life. In another words, the way MS configured the SP3 is the problem.

messy

I've heard that the Windows 10 Tech Preview version is optimized for mouse using. Is that right? How were your experiences with the touch handling?

sdreamer

MORE LIKES:

- Easy to customize what appears deliberately or automatically on the Start Menu.

- PowerShell can be set to replace the Command Prompt.

- Start Menu can be set to pop up on the display being used, rather than a "master" monitor.
Those are kinda both in 8.1. The PowerShell replacing command prompt I've been using for quite some time on 8.1. The Start Menu pop up on displaying being used is in 8.1 as well, but of course its Start Screen instead of Start Menu, been using this for quite a while too.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding VPN: The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Client is buggy, but I tested previous versions of Cisco VPN Client 5.0+ and they work just fine.

The issue with AnyConnect seems to be that it routes DNS requests through some Internet Explorer kernels, and IE Version 11 does not have the "Work Offline" mode like previous versions did. I'm sure Cisco will get on that. Sometimes AnyConnect works, but that is because a DNS can be resolved through some other program or app running.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished extensive testing with the Logmein VNC client. Works perfectly, including video and sound routing. Here is a screenshot from my MacBook Pro Retina.

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 4.36.57 PM.png

Kris

I've heard that the Windows 10 Tech Preview version is optimized for mouse using. Is that right? How were your experiences with the touch handling?
I mainly use touch on it and in my opinion the touch sensitivity seems to be better and more responsive. I use to have issues moving pages horizontally now that issue is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.