What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

For some reason when using Firefox 35, embedded videos all behave with this herky jerky motion. It is very odd. It's like the video can't decide whether to play forwards or backwards.

mitchellvii

Task Manager Confusion:

I am getting the oddest numbers from my Task Manager when my fan decides to suddenly go turbo on me. The issue is that the percentages don't equate to the hard usage numbers.

For instance, I was just showing 97% Disk Usage but only about 25 mb of processes. 78% Memory Usage with less than 1 gb of processes. What's the deal with this? My fan is blowing hard at 47 C temps which should not happen. Could it be that somehow the machine is reading use wrong and therefore kicking in the fan when not needed?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Well, now that we are in February, 2015 , I'm watching for a new build.
Meanwhile 9926 has been quite a ride.

(For fun, check out this post regarding what Cortana and Siri think about one another).

Screenshot (86).png

B

B'midbar

Personally, I can't imagine editing the registry in a technical preview/beta like Windows 10, and certainly not for updates. I imagine doing this fix could have all sorts of unintended consequences.

It's very easy and not time consuming at all to take a backup of the registry first and restore it if necessary.

mitchellvii

OT. That was the most amazing Superbowl I have ever watched. Seattle fans must be slashing their wrists. Incredible game. Miracle catch followed by double miracle interception.

Tom Brady has ice in his veins. Incredible.

I've got an incredibly odd issue going on with Windows 10. I did a fresh install with dual boot back when the tech preview was initially released, and all was well. Updates and preview builds downloaded and installed like normal. After this most recent preview release downloaded and installed, things seemed okay. I was able to log in and use the SP3 just fine. However, one day I rebooted, and I can no longer log in. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. The password IS correct though; if I boot into Windows 8.1, it's fine.

I am on a domain network, which is what makes it weirder. The logon credentials are the same for both 8.1 and 10. So on the Windows 10 install, I rolled everything back to the previous build, and guess what? I logged in just fine. No problems at all. So I downloaded and reinstalled the new build, and the same thing happens. I can no longer log on. It seems to be an issue with this new build.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

mitchellvii

Speaking of weird. Went to bed last night and Firefox was running smooth fast and quiet on latest build. Woke up this morning and suddenly it's a lagfest. Touch system wide is spotty and unresponsive. No updates happened overnight that I can tell.

This built is funny how it just suddenly decides to change on it's own.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... I can no longer log on. It seems to be an issue with this new build ...

Haven't heard of this from anyone else on Build 9926. So to start trying to help: Make sure you are "verified" on your 8.1 , and check your online Microsoft account for any issues.

Then on Windows 10, can you "Refresh" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.