What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

I guess some of the things they haven't yet done in W10 mystify me because they don't seem that hard. For instance, dragging an app from All Apps to your tiles on the Start Menu. Right now you can only add them by right clicking and adding and they appear at the bottom of the list. What is holding back this obvious functionality? That's the kind of thing I don't get.

RémiM

Thanks.
I did try a version of that and it would not run, your linked version seem to be ok and it fixed something, but the error remained

Then I can't do more for you. Good luck solving this error. Last time I had a problem with the Store I ended up re-installing Windows and changing my password. The refresh didn't work.

m0v1em4n

Thanks.
I did try a version of that and it would not run, your linked version seem to be ok and it fixed something, but the error remained
Strange thing is I was able to download one app after run the repairer but tried the one that failed again and surprise it failed

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had to revert back to 8.1 for reliability at work. Amazes me how fast reverting is, like 5 minutes max. It really does expose how far Windows 10 has to go. The entire 8.1 experience is so much smoother. The fan never runs. The computer never gets hot. No lag, no stutter. The upgrades on W10 usually lure me back but honestly, it's not even close at this point.

What is your process for rollback? (love 10 but the inking is proving problematic given the pace of my lectures)

@jnjroach I read your comment about it only seeming to be a lower-mid section of the screen it happens in, however today i was experiencing it across all and every section of the screen.

Today i also tried a new thing in onenote, recording audio of a lecture while annotating. My experience was that firstly it seemed onenote couldn't keep up (recording in 192kbs stereo) and that inking just became really jittery and scratchy, how i first experienced it when i tried the sp3 pre-release, within a few minutes onenote just ground to a halt and couldn't even go to the next page in an imported pdf and required closing and re-opening, losing my recording in the process.

BillJ

Thanks.

Consider a reset of the store app from the command prompt (I believe the command is something like "run MSreset.exe" )

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What is your process for rollback? (love 10 but the inking is proving problematic given the pace of my lectures)

@jnjroach I read your comment about it only seeming to be a lower-mid section of the screen it happens in, however today i was experiencing it across all and every section of the screen.
I think this is still related to the GDI issue, it tends to manifest itself in random ways....

Also - does your SP3 have the Samsung SSD? If so the firmware update for the SSD has done wonders for my performance even in OneNote....

razy60

Hi Guys,

anyone else having trouble downloading from the app store both the new and the old, getting error 0x80070003.
tried a few apps and the all seem to be the same, is there a manual way to download, website or something
I cant even get win10 to upgrade without getting that error, although given the issues that folks are having, i'm quite glad really.

B

B'midbar

I guess some of the things they haven't yet done in W10 mystify me because they don't seem that hard. For instance, dragging an app from All Apps to your tiles on the Start Menu. Right now you can only add them by right clicking and adding and they appear at the bottom of the list. What is holding back this obvious functionality? That's the kind of thing I don't get.

Perhaps you should go be a UX person for Microsquish. ;)

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Checking in to say that Build 9926 is running amazingly well. I also noticed that boot time is greatly reduced.

Screenshot (92).png

Status
Not open for further replies.