What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2HBK

Just curious... what is everyone's browser of choice when using the SP3 in tablet mode?

I have to say, I am really missing Modern IE. I have tried all of these:

-Current IE; crashes constantly; not touch friendly
-Chrome; Will not launch in "Windows 8" mode anymore
-Firefox/Nightly; Just installed this tonight, decent... no gesture support that I can see
-Opera; Been using this the past few days as its playing nicely with my company's web apps; still not touch friendly
-Vivaldi; Pretty much the same as Opera

I fully understand where we are with Windows 10 right now. I get that spartan is coming and im excited for it. Just wish I had something decent now that had halfway useful touch-friendly functionality including gesture. I use my SP3 all day at work but when Im winding down at home I find myself wanting to pick up my iPad now because its less of a pain to browse web content.

m0v1em4n

I am using the normal IE (not metro ) and it crash constantly for me to , but since the video driver update and clearing out all the browser cache ( Ctrl+Shift+Del ) seem to run fine with little to no fan.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
IE here, no crashes whatsoever since the update. Definitely not touch friendly though, but that's all things to look out for in the future, because you can bet it's on its way.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I like the way the PC Settings windows re-arrange items if the window is small. Windows remembers this setting.

Screenshot (93).png

GTiceman

I was thinking of reverting back to W8.1 then maybe jumping back into 10 but I don't get the boot option to select technical preview or revert anymore

GTiceman

Well it also gives you that option when you boot, "Windows 10" or "Prior Installation". This assumes you did not delete your "windows.old" folder, in which case you are SOL.

This option disappeared for me after one of the windows updates and what do you know apparently my Windows.Old no longer exists WTF

bvone21

Just a thought, but you guys that are bouncing between 8.1 and 10 may want to consider a dual-boot scenario. I have 10 installed to a VHD. It works well...and if I don't want it any more, I just have to delete the VHD and boot record from "msconfig".

No fussing with shrinking and formatting partitions with a true dual boot...similar, although probably not quite as good performance...and 8.1 stays intact fully with no risk for me. I still spend 90% of my time in 8.1, because I greatly prefer it over Win 10 in it's current state, but I can pop into 10 from time to time to play around and submit feedback.

GTiceman

Just a thought, but you guys that are bouncing between 8.1 and 10 may want to consider a dual-boot scenario. I have 10 installed to a VHD. It works well...and if I don't want it any more, I just have to delete the VHD and boot record from "msconfig".

No fussing with shrinking and formatting partitions with a true dual boot...similar, although probably not quite as good performance...and 8.1 stays intact fully with no risk for me. I still spend 90% of my time in 8.1, because I greatly prefer it over Win 10 in it's current state, but I can pop into 10 from time to time to play around and submit feedback.

I actually planned on doing that today, however seems like now I might need to restore a backup so I can get back to 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.