What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvc988

Anyone know why I cannot install updates on 9926? I keep getting 0x80070057. Have restarted the windows update service and tried the troubleshooter.

SteveMac

Hi All, just wondering if anyone can confirm if they have managed to get around the looping install of "System Firmware Update - 27/01/2015". I've read pages of threads where the issue is reported, however haven't managed to find any solution.

SteveMac

For instance this page(http://www.lib.unimelb.edu.au/recit...211-bookNoAuthor.html?style=2&type=1&detail=1) will work half the time, and then crash IE the other half. Sometimes a site is fine but the moment i start scrolling it will crash.

I guess I've just been lucky for once, Windows 10 TP is for me more stable than 8.1, especially restoring WIFI connections when coming out of connected standby, general application stability and odd multi monitor issues.

Batter life is probably down from 7-8 hours to 5ish, in my current job I'm more desk-bound so not an issue, also I need to pop the power cable out and back in to get the device to wake up sometimes.

Beyond this, Windows 10 sub components seem largely ready to roll.

File system = working just fine, no issues and yes I have bitlocker enabled
Desktop / Window = great, a few odd functionality "choices" by Microsoft
Modern apps = Good now with window controls (don't need startdock apps anymore)
Start menu = I'm still ok with full screen start menu
Continuity = A bit wobbly, suspect that is more a surface pro 3 keyboard issue
Multi monitor = just fine, odd scaling issues with IE mind you
Running on SP3 = just fine

Marc Norris

Noticeable change since the most recent update is the surface now wakes from sleep without having to plug in the charger. Have had only small minor issues since moving to W10 Build 9926. Great os and cant wait for the final build

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else noticed a strange discrepancy between touch input and mouse input when scrolling certain websites? On some which are heavy in the bling department (e.g engadget), scrolling with the mouse wheel will be sluggish, or not do anything at all, yet if i then scroll using touch, it is absolutely flawless.

Nicola

Has anyone else noticed a strange discrepancy between touch input and mouse input when scrolling certain websites? On some which are heavy in the bling department (e.g engadget), scrolling with the mouse wheel will be sluggish, or not do anything at all, yet if i then scroll using touch, it is absolutely flawless.
I have, and the problem is also present in Windows 8.1.
I can add to this that both touchpad and touchscreen scroll are fine.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have, and the problem is also present in Windows 8.1.
I can add to this that both touchpad and touchscreen scroll are fine.

Strange.

Interestingly i was just sat here with a bbc news article open, just a text article, nothing else running, and my fan was blowing hard, so i tried to close IE, the X or right clicking and selecting close from taskbar did nothing, so i went into task manager and IE was using 30% cpu doing nothing. I ended the process, fan stopped blowing, yet nothing changed with IE, it remained open on the same page and it was back to using 1% or whatnot and then when i tried, happily allowed me to close IE by the normal methods.

GTiceman

Hi All, just wondering if anyone can confirm if they have managed to get around the looping install of "System Firmware Update - 27/01/2015". I've read pages of threads where the issue is reported, however haven't managed to find any solution.

Still looping for me

tarrant64

So I took the plunge to Windows 10 (9926) last night to test something that drives me nuts...and still is.

I thought I read multi-monitor DPI scaling was working/fixed? Or was that pre-9926? Still seems to work the same as it did in Windows 8.1.

B

B'midbar

So I took the plunge to Windows 10 (9926) last night to test something that drives me nuts...and still is.

I thought I read multi-monitor DPI scaling was working/fixed? Or was that pre-9926? Still seems to work the same as it did in Windows 8.1.

It's in the secondary monitor scaling thread where @jnjroach showed screen shots where it's in Settings > System > Display and not just right-clicking on the desktop and changing display settings there. And it's in 9926.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am traveling with my Surface Pro 3, and just finished signing lots of contracts with the pen. In my case, I generally exported .pdf contracts to .jpg, signed them using [gasp] Paint [/gasp], then print exported back as .pdf. The Surface Pro 3 served me well.

The updates to Build 9926 seem to have brought in better overall performance, better Notification area handling, but about one lockup per day, requiring reboot.

Screenshot (211).jpg

Screenshot (210).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you export to paint for signing? Why not just sign in a pdf reader and then flatten the signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.