What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B'midbar

With 9926's stability the past few weeks, I would be curious as to what individuals think is still missing, what are "show-stoppers" before this puppy goes live? I myself would still like to see better battery life.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still massive instability her, still persevering though. Just installed the updates, ill see if anything changes. Prior to these updates IE was still a complete and utter pig.

wynand32

Mine has become seriously unstable. MUI apps consistently crash, IE is pretty near to unusable, and I need to consistently plug/unplug power to get the screen to turn back on. I'm _very_ much looking forward to the next build.

B

B'midbar

Still massive instability her, still persevering though. Just installed the updates, ill see if anything changes. Prior to these updates IE was still a complete and utter pig.

Mine has become seriously unstable. MUI apps consistently crash, IE is pretty near to unusable, and I need to consistently plug/unplug power to get the screen to turn back on. I'm _very_ much looking forward to the next build.

I'm assuming these were both in-place upgrades? Having read every message in this thread that seems to be one common theme between those with little to no problems and those with some to a lot of problems, whether or not a clean install was performed or whether 10 TP was an upgrade over the top of 8/8.1.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm assuming these were both in-place upgrades? Having read every message in this thread that seems to be one common theme between those with little to no problems and those with some to a lot of problems, whether or not a clean install was performed or whether 10 TP was an upgrade over the top of 8/8.1.

Nope. I originally ran a in-place upgrade, but having had issues, and hearing from other members their increased success having done a fresh install, I backed up my work and opted for that route with an iso of 9926. Right now I'm getting IE crashes every few minutes, half the websites i visit. They only used to occur where flash videos were present, but now it's just a crap shoot. For instance this page(http://www.lib.unimelb.edu.au/recit...211-bookNoAuthor.html?style=2&type=1&detail=1) will work half the time, and then crash IE the other half. Sometimes a site is fine but the moment i start scrolling it will crash.

wynand32

Mine was a completely clean install from ISO. I'm looking forward to the next build so I can blow this one away and leave it forever behind me...

mitchellvii

AERO STYLE COMING TO WINDOWS 10! (awesome)

I had heard someone was doing this aftermarket but glad to see it will be stock.

http://www.dailytech.com/Modern+Gla...tyle+is+Coming+to+Windows+10/article37181.htm

For those bemoaning the matte color textures of Windows 10, more relief is on the way, according to Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). The new addition can be summarized in a word -- transparency.

MSFT hints that a new preview build is almost ready and may include aero style. :)

Windows_10_Modern_Glass_Wide.jpg

B

B'midbar

AERO STYLE COMING TO WINDOWS 10! (awesome)

I had heard someone was doing this aftermarket but glad to see it will be stock.

http://www.dailytech.com/Modern+Gla...tyle+is+Coming+to+Windows+10/article37181.htm

For those bemoaning the matte color textures of Windows 10, more relief is on the way, according to Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). The new addition can be summarized in a word -- transparency.

MSFT hints that a new preview build is almost ready and may include aero style. :)

Windows_10_Modern_Glass_Wide.jpg

As long as we can enable and disable at will I'm good with it. Think we should see a new build soon with yesterday's "pre-builds."

mitchellvii

As long as we can enable and disable at will I'm good with it. Think we should see a new build soon with yesterday's "pre-builds."
I get the impression it may be more subtle than Windows 7 version. Semi-transparent but not glossy.

Funny how after all their work and billions spent trying to create a new paradigm with Windows 8, Windows 10 just keep turning into Windows 7 2015. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.