What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagdesh

Same here as well, I am India. I got the surface pro 3 off amazon.com and recently have upgraded to windows 10 technical preview.

Before the update I created a recovery usb and deleted the partition on my drive plus after updating to windows 10 i even deleted all my restore and old windows 8.1 files so now there is no way back. I once tried downgrading using my recovery usb but that does not work. Hopefully when windows 10 if officially released they will still give me a free upgrade... because now my surface is cleaned and running windows 10 preview from the start (refreshed my operating system in hopes of going back down to windows 8.1)

Ohh yes the topic at hand, since I am on windows 10 I too got the same type of updates as sharpcolorado. No firmware updates or big updates ...maybe we are on windows 10 preview and our firmware is already updated due to the upgrade to windows 10 preview

francesco

it seems the malicious removal tool updated adjusted some issues in my s3. (faster, less fan noise, better battery). hope is not my fantasy....

wynand32

I understand that there's just one blocking bug holding back the next build. MSFT is deciding whether to try to fix it and release soon, or hold off until another later build. I'm hoping the former, because right now IE is just unusable in Windows 10. So many things just don't work any longer, I'm getting close to switching back to Chrome. That's on my desktop.

My SP3 has been back on Win8.1 for a week or more, and it's been nice. But I'm hankering for some Windows 10...

Jagdesh

ordered microsoft wireless display adapter will it work flawlessly on windows 10 build 9926? thnx..
sp3 i5 128gb

Nope, mine connects then disconnects ... worked flawlessly before and hopefully will do so on the next build

I searched on the net and it seems since preview build 9879 the miracast which the issue on earlier builds than 9879 has been fixed and therefore he Microsoft wireless adapter should work.

Since we are on the latest build of 9926 now the wireless adapter should work.

I have mine in my house couriered to me but since I am currently traveling out of my city I cannot confirm this. Will return home on Saturday and then will confirm for sure.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I searched on the net and it seems since preview build 9879 the miracast which the issue on earlier builds than 9879 has been fixed and therefore he Microsoft wireless adapter should work.

Since we are on the latest build of 9926 now the wireless adapter should work.

I have mine in my house couriered to me but since I am currently traveling out of my city I cannot confirm this. Will return home on Saturday and then will confirm for sure.
With the January Intel Video Driver, the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter has an issue remaining connected (especially if Bluetooth is enabled in the area). My ScreenBeam Pro works as intended though, so it something that can be fixed via a Firmware Update to the MWDA.

Jagdesh

What I have read about it on Microsoft forums that the problem lies with marvell wireless adapter according to one MVP (Barb Bowman)

She said you should uninstall the wireless adapter using device manager, do not uninstall the driver just goto the device manager uninstall the wireless adapter and then restart once done the wireless adapter will be installed again and this should fix the problem.

I cannot try or validate this solution since I dont have the wirless display adapter yet so if someone can report it will be the link to this topic is here
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ion-with/a2f3b222-972c-4d0c-9dcf-dc2cba8ae546

The third last post is where she says this can be the solution

Also some users are saying it works and how they got it to work is that they reset the MWDA by holding the reset button for 15 seconds and then updating the MWDA firmware

HarnessTech

Like everyone else, I got the Technical Preview security update (KB3039066) a couple days ago. This morning, I was greeted with another Technical Preview security update (KB3046049). I'm glad to at least see some action going on around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.