What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

A new version of the Windows 10 technical preview leaked onto the internet today, days after Microsoft detailed a delay in delivering a fresh update to its preview program. The new build, numbered 10036, has been made available unofficially on torrent file sharing sites, and includes a number of UI improvements and some feature changes. The Start Menu is now transparent, and Microsoft is testing a new UI for Wi-Fi connectivity, alongside some improvements to the new task view virtual desktop feature that allows Windows 10 users to drag and drop apps between desktops.
The latest leaked build doesn't have a huge amount of changes, but it also includes the icons that Microsoft is testing, including that the odd new recycle bin icon. Microsoft is planning to deliver an official release very soon with a preview of its new Internet Explorer replacement, codenamed Project Spartan. The leaked 10036 build includes a number of bugs, and as such it's worth waiting on Microsoft to release a new updated preview build in the coming weeks.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/14/8215091/microsoft-windows-10-build-10036-leak

B

BChat

Installed 10036 Enterprise - auto activated - no install issues - something to play with for awhile. Have 9926 Pro on one drive, will update when Insider build is released.

GoodBytes

Something that Neowin noticed.
ssw10dprop.jpg

So after so many years (Windows 1 or 3.1?) the disk free/used space pie chart has now been changed.

Well, I have to admit, after all these years, the color of the chart now matches the super ugly icons of Windows 10. Fits the area.

B

BChat

The problem for me with that circle is my color perception is not good - I cannot tell the difference in the colors. Lots of people are not happy with the icons, seems to be the #1 complaint. I'll reserve commenting until RTM time. My defective color perception may be a blessing.
I do miss the flowing/babbling brook from Vista Ultimate...

ETA: Build 10036 changes
http://changewindows.studio384.be/build.php?build=10036

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchellvii

Gave 10036 a flash. I like the transparent start menu but was also hoping for transparent taskbar and titlebars. I think the full screen start menu is actually a bit too transparent.

So far IE in this version really blazes and looks great.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

The leafblower remains :-(

WHY can't M$ solve this? Under W8.1 my fan barely runs, but under every W10 build thus far, including this one, the fan runs non-stop. I have indexing on my SSD turned OFF so it can't be indexing.

Host Process for Windows Tasks runs a consistent 25-30% of CPU even with nothing open. What IS that? Task Manager itself is running only .3%. The back of my SP3 feels much warmer than under 8.1.

** I just manually ended the Host Process and fan calmed down almost immediately. I did not seem to lose any functionality.

B

BChat

The Insider program provides a method to send feedback to MS. Like everything else in life, it is not perfect, but apparently feedback is listened to in some areas.

I cannot understand why people, here and on other forums, insist on the childish use of M$ when referring to MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.