What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Anyone having issues with the Windows Feedback app? Mine says I am not logged in and won't load into the submission pages. Also, my Money app stopped working.

Liam2349

Had an issue this morning where my pen stopped working entirely, though it is not dead. A reboot did not fix it.

Hmm I think my pen has issues as removing the battery fixed it. This has happened before in a different fashion on W8.1

Mine has done this before. I think it's normal - fortunately, it's been a rare event in my experience.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Is that a real picture as your background? If so, can you share? It's an awesome shot.
1869354.jpg

1572177.jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Did you take those shots? Where is this? So beautiful.

Out on the web somewhere. Don't know where they are from. But they follow a general structure most effective for desktop photos: Have the foreground wrap left, bottom, and right. Makes a plausible place for foreground icons, and brings attention to the center.

Stephan

Day 5 with Windows 10. No crashes. No trouble. No productivity lost - gained instead due to that Start Menu action. No files lost. No doubts. No regrets. No joke.

Also: Developer software runs fine (MSDN Visual Studio, etc.).

View attachment 3933

View attachment 3934

Great ! I still hesitate to install windows 10 on my SP3.. But with your post I think I will do it.

Other thing : I LOVE your background image. Any chance you could send me the link in order to download it ?

Thanks !!

Kris

It's back to 8.1 for me. Stupid update keeps breaking my network driver. Can't stay connected for longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
totally sucks too I loved Windows 10.

wynand32

I've been playing with Windows 10 on my SP3, and so far it's been a bit mixed. On the one hand, I like where Microsoft is going, in general. In fact, I'd probably stick entirely with the new Start menu and desktop mode, if they'd make the various UI items there just a TINY bit more touchable. On the other hand, it's (as expected) a bit too buggy for me to use full-time, particularly with certain apps that don't work consistently (Corel VideoStudio [crashes on startup], Snagit [crashes on touch], Wunderlist, and some others that escape me).

I'm finding myself logging back onto Win 8.1 when I'm done playing with Win 10 and need to get real work done. Same thing on my desktop (same apps are crashey over there, too), although the Start menu and desktop mode are even more appreciated on that machine. It's SO much more natural and powerful on the desktop--better than Win 8.1 (natch) and a dramatic improvement over Win 7 as well.

Microsoft's doing some great things lately. Did anybody see that Adobe video highlighting the SP3? If anyone can watch that video and not see Microsoft as exciting (again), they're either really stubborn or just not paying attention.

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
It's back to 8.1 for me. Stupid update keeps breaking my network driver. Can't stay connected for longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
totally sucks too I loved Windows 10.

Sorry to hear that, Kris. I'm confused by your experience, as you are. The firmware update of 9/9/14 half-bricked my SP3, which was replaced by excellent service at a Microsoft Store. After I had my machine replaced, I checked everything out, including screen shots of performance.

So I have a shot from Windows 8.1 and one from Windows 10. WiFi is as good or perhaps even better.

Windows 8.1
092514_Windows_81.png

Windows 10 Technical Preview
100614_Windows_10_TP.png

mohcho

Microsoft's doing some great things lately. Did anybody see that Adobe video highlighting the SP3? If anyone can watch that video and not see Microsoft as exciting (again), they're either really stubborn or just not paying attention.

You mean this one?

This is an awesome video and I'm not even a creative type person. What was the paint phone app thing at the end? That was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.