What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryeli

thnx but after installing using Microsoft standalone installer I got an error saying the update is nopt apllicable to my computer. still waiting system update 3/26/2015 to pop up

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
thnx but after installing using Microsoft standalone installer I got an error saying the update is nopt apllicable to my computer. still waiting system update 3/26/2015 to pop up
The Firmware Updates go out in "rings", it can take up to 5 days for all devices to get the update.

pbaird

Every other day or so, I get a notification that says "Click here to enter your most recent credentials. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again.". When I click it, it takes me to my account page in settings, with nothing to do. Ignoring it doesn't seem to cause any issue.

B

B'midbar

Every other day or so, I get a notification that says "Click here to enter your most recent credentials. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again.". When I click it, it takes me to my account page in settings, with nothing to do. Ignoring it doesn't seem to cause any issue.

Yep, I ignore it.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member

If you respond to that notification quickly enough, you will see that the "Verify" is needed on your account page. Wait more than 30 seconds or so, and the Verify is done by itself. So, okay to ignore that message.

CV81

I'm not sure if I'm just thinking we had this before but didn't both windows, main and extended monitors have a show desktop click at the bottom right..

Now only on main display

razy60

Finally got the new build, but it has completely fubared my surface at the moment i cannot even get into the bios. When I do get into the desktop nothing works, the only way to get it to anything is use alt+control +delete then all I can do is restart or shut down.

Last edited:

rege0039

I ended up doing a clean install of 1041 (for various reasons).

Now the music and weather apps won't start, ask me to go to the store. When I do the store just gives me the spinning circle. I have tried to uninstall them from the app list but the uninstall option is greyed out.

Anyone else had this ?

Is there a way to either get them to work or uninstall and then reinstall ?

mitchellvii

Weird. There were some updates on 3/26 that seemed to completely solve my fan issues, running almost silently. Then there were new updates 3/27 that seem to have made the fan issues worse than ever. Now I can barely do anything without going full leaf blower. Especially when holding the SP3 as a tablet with the keyboard folded back. Fan almost immediately blows as hard as it can and back gets HOT.

Apparently in the battle of good updates vs. evil updates, evil has triumphed.

ScottyS

Weird. There were some updates on 3/26 that seemed to completely solve my fan issues, running almost silently. Then there were new updates 3/27 that seem to have made the fan issues worse than ever. ...
Apparently in the battle of good updates vs. evil updates, evil has triumphed.
I'm experiencing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.