What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0v1em4n

Can't get to my apps, pressing the windows key (all of them) and nothing is happening, looks like this build as totaled my SP3

pbaird

Build 10049 seemed ok for me at first, but then I couldn't get Juniper VPN client working, which is a show stopper for me. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, etc, but no luck. Rollback to 10041 worked like a charm! so I'll have to try again later.... maybe....

m0v1em4n

Build 10049 seemed ok for me at first, but then I couldn't get Juniper VPN client working, which is a show stopper for me. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, etc, but no luck. Rollback to 10041 worked like a charm! so I'll have to try again later.... maybe....

Same for me couldn't get PIA VPN working on this build, and for me also can't get into my desktop now to access my apps, poor scrolling in the browsers,
How can they mess up this bad, you would think all the years they have been at it think they would have mastered it by now

pbaird

Same for me couldn't get PIA VPN working on this build, and for me also can't get into my desktop now to access my apps, poor scrolling in the browsers,
How can they mess up this bad, you would think all the years they have been at it think they would have mastered it by now

I'm not convinced they "messed it up" yet. I installed 9926 from ISO, then updated to 10041, now another update to 10049. Juniper VPN is kind of fussy, for example I have to run the webpage that launches it in IE using compatibility mode.

I'm wondering if doing a refresh after the update would have helped, but I just didn't have time to experiment today.

Haldi

Anyone using dual boot win10 and 8.1?
I think that BOTH my OS tried to adjust summer time and my computer ended up one hour in the future!

m0v1em4n

To be honest Spartan is just not worth the trouble,
  • crashes more than it should do
  • no way to remove the adds, coupled with the fact there seem to be no scrolling in Spartan so every time I touch the screen to scroll it I end up touching the adds
  • Can't use my VPN in this build
  • No mouse at the login screen
  • and lots of other little things that make this build the worst yet for me.
So if some one could direct me to how I can roll back would be grateful, did have a look in the update and recovery but could not see anything

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Miracast on the MWDA is working better than it has in the previous builds, but still getting quite a bit of tearing.

r0b123

Downloading build 10049 (fbl_impressive 10049 Enterprise) now after a couple of retries due to timeouts or people getting the build too. Not sure why its "impressive" after reading the issues people are seeing, but I may hold off on this build.

pbaird

To be honest Spartan is just not worth the trouble,
So if some one could direct me to how I can roll back would be grateful, did have a look in the update and recovery but could not see anything

I was able to use "Update & Recovery". I selected Recovery from the left hand pane, and "Go back to a previous version of Windows" worked for me.

m0v1em4n

I was able to use "Update & Recovery". I selected Recovery from the left hand pane, and "Go back to a previous version of Windows" worked for me.

Thanks,
That option not there for me, so looks like a pain to stop with it and a pain to get back

bluegrass

So far so good with build 10049. I have not experience any problems. Not much new with 10049 except for Spartan. I like the new browser with the annotation feature and selective screen grabs. It has already become my browser of choice just as it sets. I'm sure it will get more features but I personally just like to get to a website and browse it without hassles. I say KISS. The simpler the better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.