What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMac

Been running 10049 for about 2 hours now, so far no issues at all. I checked out Spartan for 30 minutes, can't say that I'll use it until it supports Lastpass, has ad/tracking blocking, looks ok on external monitor (scaling is horrible, also on dialogue boxes) and also they redesign the top bar to take up less space and also doesn't have a true full screen / kiosk mode.....plus more features I'm sure.

Back to Chrome, it's the best balance, especially when working with a 1080 external monitor, as IE (or now Spartan) won't scale the screen elements correctly.

Wish I'd read the notes first, this one might be a killer "Outlook indexing is broken. Outlook can’t index new email in this build, so search results will be limited to when the last index was built."

Glad this is fixed - Desktop accidentally visible. Windows open over the desktop were accidentally visible behind the Start Screen, Task View, Snap Assist, and when rearranging windows in Tablet Mode in build 10041.

New features run-down - https://www.thurrott.com/windows/wi...review-2-build-arrives-with-project-spartan-2

m0v1em4n

Well for this build problem for me are

Spartan crashed a lot, until I cleared the browser cache, seem better now
can't load mail and people again, any one have a fix for this?
track pad scrolling is very intermittent when using Spartan

How can we block the adverts etc., can't seem to find the setup area

SteveMac

Anyone else seeing issues with search, the search box won't let me type anything and when I click the start button i can't type anything. Any suggestions, this one is a rather annoying little issue as that's how I mainly launch things. thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So far this build is more stable in many areas. I like Spartan when using it has a in Tablet Mode, but as others have pointed out, scrolling with the Touchpad is wonky. Power Management seems better, OneNote MUI is fixed works in Portrait and they even brought back the Radial Menu. The Ink Input is improved and there are some very nice UI improvements such has the Battery "Fly-out".

I need to test Miracast, will do that shortly.

For those with the Mail/People/Calendar Issue, I just went to the non-beta Store (Green One) and installed it and it worked.

mitchellvii

So far this build is more stable in many areas. I like Spartan when using it has a in Tablet Mode, but as others have pointed out, scrolling with the Touchpad is wonky. Power Management seems better, OneNote MUI is fixed works in Portrait and they even brought back the Radial Menu. The Ink Input is improved and there are some very nice UI improvements such has the Battery "Fly-out".

I need to test Miracast, will do that shortly.

For those with the Mail/People/Calendar Issue, I just went to the non-beta Store (Green One) and installed it and it worked.

Got error code trying install People from Old Store. Will look for prior fix and see if it works.

m0v1em4n

Got error code trying install People from Old Store. Will look for prior fix and see if it works.
HI
If you find it can you repost,

This scrolling issue is driving me nuts, tried a refresh and it made things worse, only seem to be a browser issue, anyone have any ideas why the mouse is installed twice in the system

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that scrolling in Spartan with the Touchpad has some inertia, that it goes from 0-60 very quickly. Was you get past that initial lag it scrolls as expected.

Its the first public preview so I'll give it a bit of slack.

m0v1em4n

I've noticed that scrolling in Spartan with the Touchpad has some inertia, that it goes from 0-60 very quickly. Was you get past that initial lag it scrolls as expected.

Its the first public preview so I'll give it a bit of slack.
on mine it scrolls part way down the page then just stops and that pi** me off, use mine 80% of the time for browsing and this build as just made that crap

GTiceman

I just noticed my Remote Desktop MUI and normal app are no longer connecting to my Server2012 R2 machine, says authentication error

Disabling NLA seems to have solved the problem

Last edited:

mitchellvii

PEOPLE, MAIL ETC FIX:

• In this build, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:
    • Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Status
Not open for further replies.