Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley2323

quote from windows community below:

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] replied on
MVP Community Moderator Wiki Author
icon_reply.png

In our internal chat, I'm being told by others that they see better success from the second workaround. Here's both just in case you missed them in the blog post:

1. Run cleanmgr.exe then choose the "clean up system files" option (it will re-launch), then clear all the previous installs, windows update, and driver installation packs.
  2. (This one seems to be having more success among internal users) If step 1 fails, remove all connected peripherals and cables (except power cord) and any memory sticks/cards. and try again.
  3. If that still fails, remove peripheral devices from device manager (uninstall) then try again

riley2323

18/62%...fan off...feeling like 0 for 2.

This tweet has my error meesage from someone else to Gabe, so I will follow and see if he solves his issue. Gabes suggestion was the MS community above, which is the disk clean and sfc scan.

@GabeAul three times now It just freezes at 18% and just have to force restart. Then i get 0xc1900101-ox20007. Done disk clean and sfc scan

wynand32

Now I'm frustrated because I can't turn Bitlocker off. Don't know if it would make any difference for installing 10122, but it bugs me that it's stuck. Gets about 80% done then stops. Grrr.

Edit: Okay, tried enough times that it finally indicates as being off. Trying the update again, for what it's worth.

riley2323

3rd time...will it be a charm? Uninstalled Office 2016 with the included .bat file. Also ran an included .vbs file which was in the troubleshooting folder with the IT Pro Officice 2016 install...really scrubs for uninstall remnants. And also ran the disk-cleaner and checked most everything.

riley2323

Disconnected the keyboard and took out the memory card too....0 for 3....18/62% bombs out. I will wait for further instructions from MS.

mitchellvii

Ok. Did a 100% clean install of 10074 then ran the 10122 update. Got to 18% installed and 62% copied then nothing. Just sits there.

Have no idea how that one user had a successful install given a completely utterly clean install failed.

Honestly, MS should be ashamed.

riley2323

For the record, it only takes about 15 minutes in total to install, restart, get stuck at 18% and then get back to 10074. It reverts back rather quickly, so no sense not giving it the old college try :). All the steps I did have not altered my error message. 0xC1900101-0x20007.

Status
Not open for further replies.