What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Mine is on attempt two. If it fails when I get home I will just revert. We asked Gabe for a new build, but we expected one that worked

ScottyS

Mine failed too, at least it automatically reverting back to previous build was quick.
But I've been having bug with 10074; mouse cursor moving jerky, app suddenly shutting down or windows not opening (taskbar button there but can't open window or close the app). My setup is clean install of first TP build on a clean partition with all updates and new build installs without error.
Guess I'm going back to Win8.1 for most of the time and wait for a build that installs.

wynand32

Quick question for those who successfully installed 10122: had you installed the latest firmware update? 5/19, I think?

Compusmurf

for the doubters. Here's screenshot from my Surface Pro 3, showing the compmgmt and the desktop. :) As you can see, it has a bluetooth pen and only the surface 3 and surface pro 3 has that.

2015-05-20_20-03-14.jpg

wynand32

for the doubters. Here's screenshot from my Surface Pro 3, showing the compmgmt and the desktop. :) As you can see, it has a bluetooth pen and only the surface 3 and surface pro 3 has that.

View attachment 6144

No doubters here. :) I've seen out in the world that some small subset of people have successfully installed. The question is, what's the common factor to successful/unsuccessful installs?

Compusmurf

I haven't a clue. I listed everything I could think of that is obvious. If you have questions or want to compare something, let me know, if I don't reply to here, I'll have my email on. It's [email protected] substituting myuserid with, well, my forum name.

oh, and guess what. I'm using CHROME 43.x NO fan on at all. i5,8gb,256GB. I have to think that this is the first time. Of course, chrome updated yesterday so it might be related to that too.

Mhaddy

Chiming in here... SP3 i5/256GB on 10074 and unable to update to the 10122 build via the Windows Update method due to roll back error (0x80070057 or 0x20007) that others have noted. Downloading the ISO via the MEGA link that @Kris provided ... will give that a shot when she's done. And yes, I had the latest firmware installed prior to this attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.