What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ximoosea

Well, you have somehow activated a setting that is indeed part of legacy Unix, Sun, Linux operating systems, called "automatic mouse focus" or the like.

This option has been available since Windows 7, found in
- Control Panel
- Ease of Access
- Change how your mouse works

View attachment 4143
Sharpcolorado, thanks for the pointer to the hovering of the mouse option, however, I believe the behavior of Win10 is still different....and improved. The problem with checking this option is that if you move your mouse overtop of a window that is maximized in the background (but you have smaller windows active in front of), then it will immediately bring your maximized program to the forefront effectively hiding your smaller windows. With Win10 I do not have this option checked and it does not change the active window when I move the mouse cursor overtop of a non-active window (obviously assuming I do not click it), however with my mouse hovering it now allows the mouse wheel to scroll that non-active window without activating it. The other added benefit of this method is that hovering the mouse over a background, maximized window does not cause it to become active. I really like this new functionality. Hope this was not too confusing.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Not too confusing. Good catch. I just tried it, and yes, it seems to be new functionality.
Thanks for explaining!

goodintentions

Hardly any touch gestures work in the current technical preview as it's focused on desktop functionality - tablet support coming in later updates.
You can thank all the desktop users for that. They've been acting like the desktop is dead even though it's right there for all to see.

rege0039

Cant get it to install, keeps wanting more space !

I cleared 5gb then it wanted 5.5 which I cleared then it asked for 5.8 !

Coyuld go on forever, if your running on a 2nd partition and get update installed tell us how.

Could be a big wipe and reinstall...

hardhit

I installed the new build but can not get the intel HD5000 driver installed. Anyone else with a similar issue?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
New animations are neat, notification center is cool but will take some getting used to

ScreenBeam Pro Miracast is broke, SP3 Pen Top Click still doesn't work...

Datasense and Battery Saver will take some investigation....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
New Windows 10 Technical Preview 9860 build install worked brilliantly. Size of the download is about 3.9 GB.
Running it through its paces.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Status
Not open for further replies.