Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Technical Preview 9860 build Notification Center works great.
WiFi fast and snappy.

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Last edited:

Knuck

Initially new build took a long time to lock onto wifi as it continually cycled back and forth through available networks. It appears that it was searching for fastest network. Eventually it did connect. Hopefully it will remain stable and not take forever to lock on. Now under charms/available networks it says "internet access" as opposed to the name of the network connected. New window opens when you click on the network charm as opposed to the previous list of available networks.

wynand32

New animations are neat, notification center is cool but will take some getting used to

ScreenBeam Pro Miracast is broke, SP3 Pen Top Click still doesn't work...

Datasense and Battery Saver will take some investigation....

Can confirm that the ScreenBeam Pro isn't working on mine either. Gives a driver error.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No disconnects for five hours. Streamed live TV (Xfinity), iTunes radio, Pandora, and Netflix.
Backed up to DropBox and a Wifi hard drive.

Screen rotation worked great during all use and streaming.

Kris

Damn, I might have to try it again. I got Windows 8 to work most of the time, lets say 80% of the time.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed that when rotating the screen during video streaming, the video continued without interruption.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
All the gestures are back for MUI apps. Wow. And check out the text assist line above the keyboard.

keys.JPG

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Google Earth Test

The graphics with Google Earth are smooth and responsive with this build. No delay. I've worked it hard, with no errors. Pen and finger work great. I'm very happy with the video drivers.

Same test under the previous build was jittery.

No heat or noise. The only "fan" so far is me. ;)

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (81).png

Screenshot (82).png

Screenshot (79).png

hardhit

Issue that I'm facing and reported via Feedback is that I now for the first time get the limited connection issue on WIFI. I did not experience this on windows 8.1 nor on the first build of windows 10.

I also can no longer get the latest version of the intel video driver installed on the machine under windows 10. Not using the setup.exe nor using the manual way of navigating to the .inf file and manually selecting the driver as it's telling me no driver available for my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.