What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMINENT

So I found an arrangement on the SP3 that'll have to do until they make it so we're not bound by some stupid arbitrary grid.

The auto-hide taskbar doesn't stay hidden. After restarting Explorer, calling upon the start menu results in a persistent task bar even if auto hide is enabled.

ml4CFys.png

This is on the pc.

QsOsXdm.jpg

mitchellvii

Outlook 2013 protocols are re-ordered, and less likely to be tracked /hacked. Your email provider may need a different setting. So check your outgoing mail settings, especially the port. If IMAP, your SMTP port may be 25 or 587. Also try None or SSL or TTL or Auto. Also, the outgoing server may need the same login as incoming (username and password) without stating them again. Let me know...

I think the fact this happened after I installed Outlook 2013 may have been a coincidence. I went back to 2007 and still getting error. In addition the Windows Mail client is also throwing the error. I have an idea this is the server's problem and they are working on it. Thanks for your help.

Stephan

It isn't that OneDrive doesn't work, it does and quite well as you notice. It is the way that it is presented in W10. Only those files that are synced and available locally as well as at OneDrive show up in the OneDrive folder. And no OneDrive app that made getting/opening a file so easy. In order to get to the files that are online only you have to go to the website for OneDrive. I find that unacceptable.

Here's what new on the subject :
http://winsupersite.com/onedrive/on...windows-10-rtm-file-placeholders-might-return

I can't understand why MS is stubborn like that. We want placeholders back !

wynand32

Here's what new on the subject :
http://winsupersite.com/onedrive/on...windows-10-rtm-file-placeholders-might-return

I can't understand why MS is stubborn like that. We want placeholders back !

I don't think it's stubbornness, I think it's all from a desire to create a consistent experience across so many different platforms. I think Microsoft is trying to mesh Windows with OS X, iOS, and Android, for a number of reasons: 1) they have to if they want to survive in the near term, 2) so many people use so many different platforms and going from one to another shouldn't be jarring and 3) it just makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, the Win8.1 OneDrive setup was unique.

Incidentally, I was bitten a few times by the "why is this document not available offline?!?" bug myself. So, while I'm not happy with the current solution, I wasn't happy with the other one either. And I do think Microsoft is working on a solution that will make sense for everyone. It all comes down to having a little patience in the meantime.

pbaird

I did a clean install of 10130 from USB ISO and it all installed (very quickly)
Biggest problem I have is my 2nd monitor not detected (either through the dock or plugged directly into SP3)
Tks Frosty

I had this issue at first, and then got a driver update through windows update that resolved it.

malberttoo

Turn the online only ones different colors or put them in their own tab saying online only.

Completely agree! Make the folders a different unique color, or some kind of stamp that appears after a grayed-out folder that says "online only" or "web only" or some such.

frosty

I had this issue at first, and then got a driver update through windows update that resolved it.

Yeah I received the update about an hour latter so everything is working great now on 10130, logged into my MS account all working now also.

Tks Frosty

ScottyS

Yeah, clicked on a new windows icon in the notification area and got this:

upload_2015-6-1_0-32-54.png

Found this article about it on Flipboard from VentureBeat.
They say your Win8.1 has to be installed properly, that Win8.0 wont upgrade to Win10. I got one update (KB3000805) that just wont ever install. Hope that doesn't keep me from upgrading to Win10.

Kris

Yeah, clicked on a new windows icon in the notification area and got this:

View attachment 6240
Found this article about it on Flipboard from VentureBeat.
They say your Win8.1 has to be installed properly, that Win8.0 wont upgrade to Win10. I got one update (KB3000805) that just wont ever install. Hope that doesn't keep me from upgrading to Win10.
Now why haven't we got anything like this? You would think the beta testers would be informed first, or at least given a chance to enter in our key or something.

bender

Back on 10125, roll back sucks, totally bugged my system. I've made an fresh upgrade from USB to 10125, now it's fine again...

Status
Not open for further replies.