What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Avast has also caught a couple nasties that I think Defender was missing. One was from a .js for a link I didn't even visit while on a trusted site. So far I like the Avast interface. Pleasant without being intrusive.

cliffr39

I'm curious why you guys went with Avast (over AVG) -- I haven't used them in a while, but do like Comodo and Avira, so often bounce between them.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've installed avast out of curioisty, and nothing has changed fan wise, and memory usage seems pretty much identical.

mitchellvii

One thing I've noticed with Avast is I'm getting some buffering issues using the Netflix app I wasn't getting with Defender. No idea if this is merely a coincidence.

GTiceman

Off Topic: I keep getting notifications popping up on my Moto 360(Android Wear) saying MagicPoop liked your post or MagicPoop replied. My girlfriend noticed it last night and was like um what.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I've noticed with Avast is I'm getting some buffering issues using the Netflix app I wasn't getting with Defender. No idea if this is merely a coincidence.

did you let it run its IE/chrome service? first thing i did was disable the real time internet protection.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off Topic: I keep getting notifications popping up on my Moto 360(Android Wear) saying MagicPoop liked your post or MagicPoop replied. My girlfriend noticed it last night and was like um what.

Do you know what triggers the notification? e.g do you have tapatalk installed anywhere? inused to get notifocations on my pjone non stop when i occasionally accessed the forum with tapatalk on my tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.