What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compusmurf

They stated during the preview, they will be testing driver updates and forcing all installs and it's NOT optional. You will get option when they go live to stop specific drivers. Patience...

mitchellvii

They stated during the preview, they will be testing driver updates and forcing all installs and it's NOT optional. You will get option when they go live to stop specific drivers. Patience...

What is this word "patience" of which you speak? :eek:

Here are the drivers...

Intel 15363 Video Drivers:
https://db.tt/uCE3yjIr

Apparently if you want these to stick do the following:

1) Delete your current drivers and restart.
2) Install the 15363's.
3) Wait for Windows to over-write the 15363's with their stock drivers.
4) Without deleting the stock drivers, reinstall the 15363's and reboot.

So far these have stuck for me with full HD Control Panel access. YMMV.

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
From
http://www.tenforums.com/installati...ows-10-preview-drivers-save-hassle-later.html
Via @Compusmurf :

Create a "Drivers" folder on your drive (example> D:\Drivers) then run this command from prompt(admin) to export the current drivers
Code:
Dism /online /Export-Driver /Destination:D:\Drivers

Once you install or re-install windows 10 - run this command to import the exported drivers into your new windows 10 OS
Code:
Dism /online /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers /Recurse

Arizona Willie

Is version 130 the last preview?

There is a little over a month until release to the public so there is hardly time to put out another preview and get feedback and fix problems before it goes RTM. Which, in fact, is probably in only one or two weeks from now if it hasn't already happened -- being RTM that is.

Takes quite a bit of time to get the disk and boxes made and shipped and in stores ready for July 29th.

And ver 130 is TERRIBLE.

Cortana DOES NOT work well.

There has been no preview of the biometric log in system ... nothing but talk.

Looks like time to tell Microsoft " no thanks I'll stay with 8.1 ".

Compusmurf

Rtm is release to manu. Not release to retail. Shipping physical comes after rtm. 130 os the latest official, and Gabe had stated there will be at least 1 or 2 more previews, tho seems to take forever. Lol

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and if you haven't played with 147 yet, you'll be in for a shock at the number of bug fixes they have done since 130....

I'm "jonesing" for a new release or new leak....
I went from 10130 to 10147 and other than the BT issue, couldn't imagine why you'd want to be on 10130 instead. 10147 is rock solid for me (bluetooth aside)

Status
Not open for further replies.