What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

malberttoo

Extremely aggravating. SP3 updates and so does my desktop, with no issues, but stupid laptop can't even find it...

Yeah I would like to know the ins and outs of why also. I was frustrated that mine never even grabbed 158, then inexplicably found 159 right away.

wynand32

I was poking around in power settings, and at Control Panel > Power Options > System Setting, I notice that Hibernation is now an option again. Was this presenting in an earlier build (and hibernation is now supported alongside Connected Standby) and I missed it, is it new, or does this imply that Connected Standby isn't active in this build?

malberttoo

I'm fairly certain mine's not sleeping at all when I close the cover, and it's also not locking.

Yeah same thing, I opened it back up after about 45 minutes, tapped the Shift key and the screen sprang right to life, no lock screen or anything.

malberttoo

I was poking around in power settings, and at Control Panel > Power Options > System Setting, I notice that Hibernation is now an option again. Was this presenting in an earlier build (and hibernation is now supported alongside Connected Standby) and I missed it, is it new, or does this imply that Connected Standby isn't active in this build?

Weird, I have Hibernate as an option now also. Set to 240 minutes on battery.

Kris

So finally just downloaded an ISO and upgraded using it, now Windows isn't activated. Tried using the key from my desktop, which is activated, and it still won't activate. Is this because I used a downloaded ISO?

Last edited:

malberttoo

So finally just download an ISO and upgrade using it, now Windows isn't activated. Tried using the key from my desktop, which is activated, and it still won't activate. Is this because I used a downloaded ISO?

Yes. The downloads that I saw also mentioned a product key that had to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.