What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldi

If you update in place and NOT a clean install, it'll preserve everything, data, apps, the works. This migration was one of the key test items in the preview.
Well yeah... But how do you do that when you buy a new computer?
Then you would need sone kind of migration via USB Sticks or other medium.

On Office 2016 Preview through Office 365 on all of my machines
Uh.
I've installed the home 2016 Beta and clicked activation. Logged in with enterprise account: this account includes office 365 Pro.
Beta still not activated -.-
I'm absolutly sure I had this before on earlier builds.

malberttoo

Well yeah... But how do you do that when you buy a new computer?
Then you would need sone kind of migration via USB Sticks or other medium.

Up til now you could use Windows Easy Transfer. You fire it up on both your old and new machine, tell it which one is the old and which one is the new, and plug in an external drive and it would bundle up all your files and settings etc. I don't know if it will be available on Win 10, I can't find anything like it on my current build (159).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are still those types of problems in Windows 8.1. I suspect that it will be a while before they ever get that sorted out. One piece of good news that should please all the Intel graphic control panel pundits, the new build has the Intel graphics control panel built in.
the thing is that this setup worked perfectly when plugging in a second monitor up until about 4 builds ago. They changed something and it no longer works. I need tl recall the solution i figured out. had to jump through a sequence of change of duplicate, extend etc before the sp3 would let me have only the second screen on and displaying correctly

malberttoo

the thing is that this setup worked perfectly when plugging in a second monitor up until about 4 builds ago. They changed something and it no longer works. I need tl recall the solution i figured out. had to jump through a sequence of change of duplicate, extend etc before the sp3 would let me have only the second screen on and displaying correctly

When you figure it out again, be sure to document it here for posterity... :D

ScottyS

I have had the problem where you click on a tile and instead of that app opening the MS Store does.

I've also had the bug in Edge where you drag a folder in the Favorites pane to change it's order and it disappears!
I went looking for the location of the Favorites and it is not where it was in Spartan.
I found this path: C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites but when I copied the folder with my Favorites it it they still didn't show up in the Favorites pane.
I tried (re)importing Favorites from IE and they still aren't there.

I'm glad IE is still in the build. Edge is still not ready for prime time.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a little surprised. With this forum open, if i open task manager, it shows as 0-2% cpu usage. Occasional spikes to 5.

Fan is still having a go of it though

EMINENT

Got a bug on not being able to pin tiles to the start screen. I managed to get a few on there and reposition them, but after that, nothing will pin anymore. Restarted Explorer and machine to no avail.

ScottyS

I thought you were supposed to be able to snap to corners so you could have 1 window on one half and two windows sharing the other half, or 4 windows snapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.