Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Speaker pop still present

I am seeing web traffic claiming that the popping may be due to Bluetooth or USB devices leaking into the USB data sensing.

@GTiceman ,
Just wondering if you have peripherals attached via USB or Bluetooth that have power supplies or transformers (not counting the Pen - for now).

GTiceman

I am seeing web traffic claiming that the popping may be due to Bluetooth or USB devices leaking into the USB data sensing.

@GTiceman ,
Just wondering if you have peripherals attached via USB or Bluetooth that have power supplies or transformers (not counting the Pen - for now).
I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Never popped before around either. I have headsets but they are all off. My work system has a Bluetooth USB dongle in it.
Actually (again, fingers crossed), seems to have stopped on mine. Can't remember hearing it since (insert previous to last build number here).
Lucky

riley2323

So, what's your Office 2016 version? Mine's at 16.0.4229.1004. Says there are no updates available, and I don't remember receiving a large update anytime in the last couple of days.
Well now that you put it that way....I still have the same version of Office 2016/Skype that you have listed above. I swear it felt like a big update. I went to Outlook hit check for update and it started the background install, and had me close all my office programs to finish. I don't know exactly what version I had before this "big update", but I have only had it installed for about a week....bought my subscription July 2nd, and had to reinstall once or twice since then. SFB is definitely fixed though...I can minimize and maximize with no problem.

98su4k.jpg

I know the picture proves nothing, but I can swear to you I did not install Office this week. The picture is a screenshot from Programs and Features showing the "installed on" date. Very strange.

Last edited:

riley2323

Not sure why everyone keeps making a big deal about "RTM". If MS is going to have a robust update process, and mandatory, what does it matter what version the manufacturers get. The final end customer plugs in the computer and receives some updates to go from 10240 to 10980...who cares. It will be seamless one should hope. MS and every manufacturer are not going to get on the phone before every release to check code and UAT and give their blessing...the updates will just roll forward. RTM is a unicorn...it does not exist.

riley2323

Talking out of both sides of my mouth....could it be?

Windows 10's final build number is delightfully clever

Tom Warren
The Verge |

Microsoft has always tried to pick special numbers with meaning for the release to manufacturing of most major versions of Windows. Windows 95 used 4.00.950, Windows 98 used 4.10.1998, Windows Vista rounded off to 6.0.6000, and Windows XP settled on 5.1.2600 (a reference to the hacker magazine). While Microsoft engineers wanted to use 8888 for Windows 8, a new requirement introduced with Vista meant the final build number of any version of Windows must be a multiple of 16. That messed up the cute numbering scheme for Windows 8, but it’s almost perfect for Windows 10.

Microsoft has picked 10240 as the final build of Windows 10. At first glance it might not seem particularly interesting or relevant to Windows 10, but dig a little deeper and it’s math magic. Back in days before we even used to use floppy disks, the kilo prefix used to mean 1024 for the computer industry, so 1024 kilobytes would be 1 megabyte. These days the industry refers to 1000 kilobytes as 1 megabyte, but that’s not stopping Microsoft from reminiscing. 10240 kilobytes translates to 10 megabytes (using kilo as 1024), and you can have even more fun if you drop the trailing zero and focus on just the 1024 part of the build number. If you find any more examples where Microsoft is hinting at the number 10 in its final build number then feel free to drop them into the comments below and we’ll add them to the list.

• 10240 kilobytes = 10 megabytes (where kilo is 1024)
  • 2^10 x 10 = 10240
  • 1024 is an approximation of 1000
  • 1024 represented as binary is 10000000000
  • 10240 represented as binary is 10100000000000
  • 10240 bits = 10 Kibibits
  • 10240 bytes = 10 Kibibytes

Compusmurf

Folks, this might be actual RTM code. No eval end date, no watermarks, no "preview" notices. As long as you stay on the insider program and don't back out tho, you'll continue to get any advanced builds. Certain benchmarks running a bit faster so debug code might be all off. :)

Stephan

The last few builds have been stable enough to run as primary. That's all that is on my SP3 (formatted Win8 off).

Hmm not quite sure by that. Of what I've read, in the last few builds it was impossible to put the SP3 in sleep mode. Can't run W10 as primary on the SP3 if the sleep mode isn't working (it's a basic function that we used quite often).

cliffr39

Hmm not quite sure by that. Of what I've read, in the last few builds it was impossible to put the SP3 in sleep mode. Can't run W10 as primary on the SP3 if the sleep mode isn't working (it's a basic function that we used quite often).

For me it worked by using the power button, but not with the cover. Some were just using the hibernate feature instead while that was an issue for them. The SP3 is functional even with that glitch for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.