What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Ok. Thx for your answer. Second question though, if I install W10 on my SP3 with an ISO and this serial (found on Internet), will the OS knows that I'm legit to have W10 or will it detect a piracy version. In short terms, do I need a specific serial number or the OS doesn't care ? (as it knows, with the Microsoft account, that I'm legit).

ScottyS

I was dual booting Win8.1 and Win10. For some reason I stopped getting the boot option screen when starting up. Whether I re-start or shut down and re-start (even a full shut down (not "fast boot" using C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0) it goes right to Win8.1 so I can't boot to Win10 to upgrade to 10240.

I don't want to bother to re-install via ISO, so I guess I'm stuck until July 29th.

cliffr39

Just had my first issue. I woke the SP3 and it shows WiFi as "Not Available". Turning on/off Airplane mode or toggling WiFi did not fix it. Only a reboot did. Haven't had this issue in a few builds now.

cliffr39

I was dual booting Win8.1 and Win10. For some reason I stopped getting the boot option screen when starting up. Whether I re-start or shut down and re-start (even a full shut down (not "fast boot" using C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0) it goes right to Win8.1 so I can't boot to Win10 to upgrade to 10240.

I don't want to bother to re-install via ISO, so I guess I'm stuck until July 29th.

Try going Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings and under the startup and recovery part click settings. Make sure you still have both options under the dropdown menu there (or default it to Windows 10 if you want for the moment). Also make sure that it is set to show list for a bit.

ScottyS

Both are there and it's set for 30 seconds.
I'm afraid to default it to Win10 because on one of the early builds I had Win10 as default and it wouldn't boot to Win10, so I had to boot via a USB and re-install.

Edit: I did just try changing the default time out until the default OS loads but that didn't restore the boot menu.
With the last upgrade my Win10 partition has only 6GB free, could that be why it can't boot to it?

Last edited:

Kris

For some reason, if I let my SP3 sleep for a while it requires a password no matter what options I change. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Status
Not open for further replies.