What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordnas

Only if you are part of the Insider Program, then it will eventually hit your machine through Windows Update. That is unless you are brave enough to search the Internet for an ISO that someone else created/uploaded.
I am part of the program on my sp3, but decided I want it on my desktop too. Seems like I'm too late unless I can somehow create an installation disk/usb?

cliffr39

I am part of the program on my sp3, but decided I want it on my desktop too. Seems like I'm too late unless I can somehow create an installation disk/usb?

Once your SP3 upgrades to 10240 you can grab the .esd file and convert it to .iso to install on other PC. I use esd2iso to do that, then rufus to burn the iso to a USB

lhauser

I had a similar bug, WiFi connected to networks but said Limited. Restart was required

I had this happen yesterday on 10166 for the first time (ever!) yesterday. I downloaded and installed 10240 this morning but have had no chance to use it yet.

bluegrass

Anyone else experiencing an issue with windows photo viewer and slideshow? The slideshow pictures are zoomed in hugely and only show about 1/4 of the image on screen.

At first I thought it was a result of my sp3 being plugged into a tv using an adaptor, but just found exactly the same on my s3 running on its own.
Mine works fine on a desktop. I'm still on 8.1 on my SP3

Ordnas

Managed to install the latest build on my desktop today, but it's now saying that it's not activated and keeps trying to get me to buy a key. I did a fresh install over the top of a legit copy on win 8 pro.

Do you think it's because they took the previews offline today and are blocking new registrations?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Ordnas ,

If you did not install a Technical Preview on that desktop through Microsoft transmittal (Insider Program / Windows Updates), you must wait until release July 29. That process would have allowed Microsoft to validate your ownership of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 . You will be able to do this after the official release.

Ordnas

@Ordnas ,

If you did not install a Technical Preview on that desktop through Microsoft transmittal (Insider Program / Windows Updates), you must wait until release July 29. That process would have allowed Microsoft to validate your ownership of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 . You will be able to do this after the official release.

Ok, that makes sense. Will go back to 8 and wait. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.