What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kif

One last hurdle for me before I upgrade to Win 10. I've been using VMware Workstation to run test and development VM's. I'm not sure I can stomach paying another $150 to upgrade it again. Were the issues with hibernate and sleep mode ever resolved when hyper-v is enabled on the SP3? Also, how is hyper-v in Win 10? Any new features? Thanks!

wynand32

I have same problem.. but I found out it is caused by Security-Update KB3074663
After the Update the SP3 don't get the IP from the DHCP of the router correctly(/at all) so the SP3 has no valid IP configuration. Solution is to deinstall the Update or set a manual IP configuration.
Strangly my other Laptop works fine with WLAN and 10240 and the Update, so it seems something is not good with the SP3 and this update.
Both very bad. Can anyone submitt it to Microsoft or is someone from Microsoft reading it? ;)

Not sure what KB3074663 does, but it's a tricky little bastard. Didn't hurt my SP3 has far as I can tell, but it killed my desktop wifi adapter's ability to see 5G networks. Which is a bummer, because otherwise 10240 is absolutely flawless on the desktop (and pretty darn near flawless on my SP3 as well).

Everything seems to be working perfectly...
Mine has crashed! I can't get it to boot past the Surface logo. I have tried to reset the machine with the restore USB, following the directions from Surface Support, but it won't boot to the USB. My machine is totally dead. I am using a back-up Gateway. I'm thinking about just waiting until after the 29th to get the RTM before contacting Tech Support, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

wynand32

Mine has crashed! I can't get it to boot past the Surface logo. I have tried to reset the machine with the restore USB, following the directions from Surface Support, but it won't boot to the USB. My machine is totally dead. I am using a back-up Gateway. I'm thinking about just waiting until after the 29th to get the RTM before contacting Tech Support, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32, not NTFS. The SP3 won't boot to it otherwise.

Jay Parisi

Here's an odd one. If I ask Cortana what version I'm on I get 10.0.10130 but if I type ver at the command prompt I get 10.0.10240.

upload_2015-7-17_13-13-37.png

malberttoo

After the Update the SP3 don't get the IP from the DHCP of the router correctly(/at all) so the SP3 has no valid IP configuration. Solution is to deinstall the Update or set a manual IP configuration.
Strangly my other Laptop works fine with WLAN and 10240 and the Update, so it seems something is not good with the SP3 and this update.
Both very bad. Can anyone submitt it to Microsoft or is someone from Microsoft reading it? ;)

+1 for nice troubleshooting!

lhauser

It's been working okay since the 10240. A little slow to connect at times, but overall it hasn't been a problem.

10240 is working just fine. Feels just like Windows should.

Haldi

Were the issues with hibernate and sleep mode ever resolved when hyper-v is enabled on the SP3? Also, how is hyper-v in Win 10? Any new features? Thanks!
I think with Windows 10 Hyper-V can be enabled and works with sleep and hibernation. But i'm not sure, dont really use that stuff much.

Reactions: Kif

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone seeing audio "issues" with Edge with videos e.g youtube. Any video I play, if I pause it, and then resume, it will resume the video but will take about 2 seconds for audio to kick back in. The same video's played under chrome work as normal.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone seeing audio "issues" with Edge with videos e.g youtube. Any video I play, if I pause it, and then resume, it will resume the video but will take about 2 seconds for audio to kick back in. The same video's played under chrome work as normal.

Just tried videos. Works perfectly here.
Perhaps this discussion will lead to a fix for you:
http://blogcritics.org/fixing-choppy-audiovideo-playback/

Enjoying Windows 10 performance.

Screenshot (81).png

Screenshot (82).png

Screenshot (83).png

Status
Not open for further replies.