What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodBytes

Disable UAC is not a solution.. but I guess it will do for now until July 29th. I would plan a system re-install after July 29.

MagicPoop

ummmm... blank log in screen?
image.jpg

Last edited:

abcefg

Here is the change log:

July 2015 updates

The following updates will be listed as “System Hardware Update – 7/23/2015” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
Windows 8.1

No product updates were released for Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 in July.

Windows 10:
  • HD Graphics Family driver update (v10.18.15.4248) improves graphics performance and stability on Windows 10.
  • Audio driver update (v6.0.1.7543) improves the Cortana experience on Windows 10.
  • USB driver update (v10.0.10125.31214) improves system power usage.

Nicola

Here is the change log:

July 2015 updates

The following updates will be listed as “System Hardware Update – 7/23/2015” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
Windows 8.1

No product updates were released for Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 in July.

Windows 10:
  • HD Graphics Family driver update (v10.18.15.4248) improves graphics performance and stability on Windows 10.
  • Audio driver update (v6.0.1.7543) improves the Cortana experience on Windows 10.
  • USB driver update (v10.0.10125.31214) improves system power usage.
Thanks!
I verified my driver versions and:
  • Video driver were already updated to that specific version by separate update package
  • Audio driver is the same version
  • Can't confirm the USB, since I see a completely different version number (10.0.10240.16384) under the "intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host Controller"
Where can I check the USB driver version?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Speakers, Microphone, and Display drivers after the firmware update 7/23/2015 (23/7/2015).
Cortana re-introduced herself after the update.

Screenshot (103).png

GmC

how does win10 look like on surface pro 3? I didint install it yet, but I dont get microsoft about metro UI.
Wouldnt it be better to have both: new start menu and metro depending on what and how are you working?

cliffr39

how does win10 look like on surface pro 3? I didint install it yet, but I dont get microsoft about metro UI.
Wouldnt it be better to have both: new start menu and metro depending on what and how are you working?

Check out the screenshots just a few posts above, that is the newest Windows 10 version on his SP3

GmC

hahaha sorry about this then. My friend told me so and i didnt check it. I was just browsing on MS site and they dont mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.