What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffr39

...I think there is a problem with the drivers after the migration from 8.1 to 10. I bet everybody who has problems installing migrated and did not do fresh install.

Mine is not an upgrade from 8.1

Also, the firmware acted like it would install now. It offered the reboot instead of the error code. After a reboot I went back to Windows Update and it still shows available. So, it seems it didn't take (I also didn't get the updating screen during the boot up).

edit: I did the WU a second time and then saw "getting devices ready" during boot up. When I logged in I got the pop up message "We couldn't finish installing updates", but WU no longer shows it when checking for updates.

malberttoo

You really should have hesitations recommending it, especially after seeing how massive amounts of users have bumped against the brick wall trying to install it.

I submit to you this entire thread, of massive amounts of users who have had no trouble installing it.

Compusmurf

Since we don't really know what updated,it's possible no system firmware update occurred. Sharpcolorado may have not actually gotten the JUNE firmware and thats why he got the screen.

wynand32

From Gabe Aul in Twitter: "No UEFI update in this package, so that's normal." I'm clarifying with him that he's talking about the 7/23 firmware update, but assuming he is, then our experience is normal.

I really don't remember seeing a firmware update screen like @sharpcolorado screenshot, but like I said it might have just missed it.

Compusmurf

Unless we find something updated or the surface team posts release notes or a standalone install, it'll be just guesswork.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMAG2170.jpg

Took about a minute to install on my SP3

HarnessTech

After installing updates one by one, each followed by a reboot, the firmware updates seems to have installed for me. However, I'm still skeptical.

updates.jpg

uefi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.