What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0v1em4n

Yes - using a PIN to login
Yes - importing favorites into Edge
I must admit I have been unable to use the pin from a few update back, previous to this it was ok, now cant seem to find how you use it, the option that was on the login screen has gone, I have tried resetting the pin but get an error.

HarnessTech

I must admit I have been unable to use the pin from a few update back, previous to this it was ok, now cant seem to find how you use it, the option that was on the login screen has gone, I have tried resetting the pin but get an error.
Ditto. I've reported it for the last couple of builds.

bmack

I've noticed since I've done a clean install from usb drive that the titles on the start screen can only go 3 medium rows across vs 4 medium rows across like is use to. Is there a setting or something that I am missing now?

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    1 MB · Views: 557
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
To those of you having trouble with using a PIN - are there any other Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 machines or virtual machines you use? Back a few builds I was having the same problem you describe. I would set a PIN, but it was either not allowed on the login screen, or was rejected. I returned to a virtual machine on a MacBook I had set up with a previous build, and logged onto it (without a PIN). Immediately, some kind of synchronization happened on my account that allowed me to use a PIN on all my devices - including that very same Virtual Machine (Parallels for Mac).

Try visiting your Microsoft account online, and temporarily changing your password there. It might re-sync around.

Jay Parisi

So....

I guess 10240 was the "final" build. But I've people reference a "Day 1 patch" I got a couple "Security Updates" but nothing that seemed to update windows as before.

I want to do a "reset" to start with a minty fresh windows 10 but don't want to have to do it again if another patch or release comes out.

Anybody know how to tell if it's actually the final release that I'm running?

GTiceman

So....

I guess 10240 was the "final" build. But I've people reference a "Day 1 patch" I got a couple "Security Updates" but nothing that seemed to update windows as before.

I want to do a "reset" to start with a minty fresh windows 10 but don't want to have to do it again if another patch or release comes out.

Anybody know how to tell if it's actually the final release that I'm running?
There is no final in the sense you are thinking. Windows is now a SaaS model so patches and updates to add features or fix things are common. Even if you do a refresh wiping everything you will still need to do a day 1 patch, the insiders got it before day 1.

samurai

I've noticed since I've done a clean install from usb drive that the titles on the start screen can only go 3 medium rows across vs 4 medium rows across like is use to. Is there a setting or something that I am missing now?

They have changed it from 4-row to 3-row as standard in Win10. If you upgrade you retain 4-row. But you lost it as you did clean install and now you are on the standard 3-row.

lhauser

My SP3 continues to work fine. I started downloading the upgrade to my Lenovo Ideapad laptop overnight, and started the upgrade on it before I left for work this morning. I can hardly wait to get home tonight to see how it worked. Windows 8.1 has been fine on that machine (with the addition of Classic Shell), but the more time I've spent with Win10, the more irritated I've gotten with Windows 8.1!

fletch33

guys apologize if its in here but i hit install now and instead of later and in middle of work day and not a lot of time to hunt.

everything is fine except i had way too small resolution and no second monitor support.

in device manager i uninstalled intel video driver and on restart the resolution is right and it says i have the latest driver but i still have NO second monitor support to a VGA connected monitor?

help please?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.