What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
@jnjroach, You're a hero.
LOL....I think I resemble the below more... ;)

my_hero_zero_note_cards_pk_of_10.jpg

mitchellvii

Since latest update NOTHING will install. Tried to install Galaxy S5 drivers and got weird error message in Korean (super helpful). Tried to install Kies and after asking for user permission, basically nothing happens. No error message no nothing.

What's up?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off Topic:
I hope you're planning to start a new thread when the Consumer Preview hits with a link to this thread at the top and preferably a separate one for Win10RT as well.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This has zero to do with Windows 10 preview but I like that clock widget you have. Is it an app in the App Store? LOL

That is the famous ClocX - a very fine bit of free software. Comes with a large variety of clock styles, including the functionality to build your own.

Also lets you "mouse through" the clock, even if you want it on top!

Get it here: http://www.clocx.net

image.jpg

mitchellvii

Only thing I'm not liking about W10 at this point is that my fan cranks up pretty hard under pretty much any exertion at all. Under W8 it almost never ran. In addition the back gets pretty damned hot to the touch.

Anyone know what the issue is here and how to solve it?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only thing I'm not liking about W10 at this point is that my fan cranks up pretty hard under pretty much any exertion at all. Under W8 it almost never ran. In addition the back gets pretty damned hot to the touch.

Anyone know what the issue is here and how to solve it?

I've not experienced this myself. However i have noticed fan "issues". My fan is not prone to ramping up under any odl usage, but instead, for instance, if i have my second screen plugged in and have a video playing on one and am typing on the sp3 screen, the fan kicks on and off, on and off, in around a 3 second cycle. Not ramping up, but spinning up enough to be just audible.

mitchellvii

This is strange. Under W10, my Logitech mouse keeps registering single clicks and double clicks. Very annoying.

Thinking about rolling back to W8. All of these little annoying things are starting to wear on me a bit.

Last edited:

razy60

New issues appeared after the last update,
WiFi will not remember my networks even if ticking the connect to this network button, means I have to manually connect.
Type cover does not always connect meaning I have to restart to get it to work, although touch screen works initially on occasion it will not work until restart.
Rear of the surface is constantly warm/hot.
When the touch screen and type cover have issues I have to restart by using the top button however this can take longer than normal to do.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
New issues appeared after the last update,
WiFi will not remember my networks even if ticking the connect to this network button, means I have to manually connect.
Type cover does not always connect meaning I have to restart to get it to work, although touch screen works initially on occasion it will not work until restart.
Rear of the surface is constantly warm/hot.
When the touch screen and type cover have issues I have to restart by using the top button however this can take longer than normal to do.
Are you using the Lync 2013 Client? I was having many of the issues you mentioned until I exit from the client, I haven't had any of the above for the past 72 hours with Lync not running.

mitchellvii

Went back to W8. Was fun trying this but too many little annoying things to hang with it. My biggest problem was the strange double click behavior with my Logitech mouse. Me designing forms in Access almost impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.